NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah was disappointed in some of the pricing. The wife and I believe they marked the prices up on some things so as to give the illusion something was 25 to 30% off. The ramset were 30% off and cheaper than what I could buy at Lowe's with my 10%. Will probably get some 22 cal pellets to test out accuracy at 20yds.
    That is what they do with all of those closeout sales.
    Lots of stores do that, and now Jewel and Stracks have jumped on that bandwagon. You know when they have those buy one get one or buy one get two free on meat? One time Jewel had Smithfield ribs for buy one get two free, but they were $12.99 a pound.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    New guy from Munster. Go say hi to him.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Some reading about "the Region":

Thanks for the links :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Da Region is a nod to our proximity to Chicago, and mimics Da Bears from the Ditka reign. Generally refers to the filthy infested and crime riddled “thug land” north of US30 between the state line and the Porter County line

The Region is more encompassing and includes the whole of Lake and Porter Counties. Some suggest North Newton is included in The Region. Others suggest (incorrectly) to extend The Region all the way East to Michigan City.

Generally we are looked down upon by most Hoosiers as Jedi’s raccoon loving influence casts a long dark shadow over the clean and uncorrupted lands that surround his native habitat north of 30.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I didn't know I was from the region until I went to Terre Haute for a theatre seminar in high school. They were scared of me for a minute. Fun times. There were so many Debbies that we all had to have nicknames. Mine was Short Sh** because I was, and still am, about five feet nothing.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Blythe's in Valpo had a winchester model 42 on the wall today -- really cool never seen one in the flesh before.

Handful of ARs still, including some braced pistols. Most of the handguns are gone and ammo was basically nonexistent.

*All the HM2 you could carry, but not a single round of 22lr.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Blythe's in Valpo had a winchester model 42 on the wall today -- really cool never seen one in the flesh before.

Handful of ARs still, including some braced pistols. Most of the handguns are gone and ammo was basically nonexistent.

Don't suppose you caught the 42's serial number?

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Don't suppose you caught the 42's serial number?
    Funny, I though about snapping a pic but didn't.

I think it was 31xxx. Barrel assembly was darker blue than receiver but didn't look like a full recent reblue or anything.

Fore grip is what I think of as the "old style" model 12 cornhusker where it isn't really wider than the mag tube / doesn't flare out. Stock was the slightly sleeker "old style" that has a rounded pommel if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Funny, I though about snapping a pic but didn't.

I think it was 31xxx. Barrel assembly was darker blue than receiver but didn't look like a full recent reblue or anything.

Fore grip is what I think of as the "old style" model 12 cornhusker where it isn't really wider than the mag tube / doesn't flare out. Stock was the slightly sleeker "old style" that has a rounded pommel if that makes sense.
    Makes it a 1936.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Does "The Region" just mean NWI? Only place I've seen/heard the term is on here.
    Yes and it's stupid. Dumbass wannabe hoodrat white girls couldn't think of anything less generic than that. If you ever listen to 103.9 FM, they call themselves "The Rock of the Region"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I've thought about getting a Savage in HM2.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region

You and I may have crossed paths today! I went to the range at Blythe’s. I had a blast! I finally got to target practice with more than 50 rounds. I went through 125 rounds and my girlfriend 75. I tried to split the rounds evenly, but she was happy with the 75.

My grouping is getting better!

What is the general “break in“ period of new firearm? Are there anything I should know about care or maintenance when reaching that point?

I didn't know I was from the region until I went to Terre Haute for a theatre seminar in high school.
    For me it wasn’t until I went down to college at IU that I found out about the term. I thought it was funny when my classmates told me about it.

@marvin02

That was interesting -- growing up in Chicago we always said "Northwest Indiana", "Gary" or "the Dunes." We'd come to the dunes park in the summer a fair bit, but I never heard "da region" before moving here.
    The Dunes are our shining jewel here in the region! Growing up so close to the Lake with its beautiful sand dunes, I’ve missed being by a large body of water (when I was down at college in Bloomington and a year in Indy).

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    You and I may have crossed paths today! I went to the range at Blythe’s. I had a blast! I finally got to target practice with more than 50 rounds. I went through 125 rounds and my girlfriend 75. I tried to split the rounds evenly, but she was happy with the 75.
    Did you two walk out with man sized silhouette targets all shot up?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Left this review today for Armory 219:
    Brought in my B&T GHM9 (2nd owner) for a little TLC. I didn't have the time right now to take care of failures to feed & a ridiculously heavy safety lever. The binding extractor was repaired, & the safety selector tension is now smooth as silk & positive. Glad there is a service now in the area, with an incredible turn around time, for those of us juggling a full plate.

Screenshot_20210123-183245_Gallery.jpg

Plus, brought back the neighbor's 1/2 beef & whole hog and my 1/2 beef and 1/2 hog this morning. For those curious about market price: $1.10 lb beef & $.42 lb hog.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I know I've posted a similar one, but if you are looking to save money & start working toward a fund and finding a farmer, here is the straight poop. My Dad is booked for 4 years out at the locker if that tells you anything about getting slots:
    Brought back the neighbor's 1/2 Angus beef & whole hog & my 1/2 beef and 1/2 hog this morning. For those curious about market price: $1.10 lb beef & $.42 lb hog.

Processing costs vary by specifics, but in full disclosure I'll share my neighbor's red meat costs for the entire year:

His beef weighed 1265 at 1.10/lb. So, his half came to $695.75. He ended up getting a "smaller" whole hog. 270lbs @ $0.42/lb =$113.40 Processing/packaging: $680.25 Other than that, coolers and a deep freeze and an initial investment.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Anyone here interested in a one day road trip in a few weeks? I want to get out to Wolcottville for some extended range shooting. I want to get some dope on a couple guns and with no access to private land around here, a road trip is in order.

I will be going no matter what but company is always nice. No tactical tuxedo needed. Nothing high stress. Bring your best lead slinger and a box of ammo. Looking at some time just after winter breaks unless you want to get some data during a cold snap, I'm game. PM me if interested. We can start planning.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My buddy's range is out to a quarter mile, but Young's is tempting. Need to check with the wife's schedule. Would this be a Saturday trip?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom