Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Friends of ours (Howe Farms) down by Leroy off 231 https://howehops.com/ are continually upgrading their operations including herbs, dog treats, poultry, beef, pork, and such. Their standards are where they hang their hat with no pesticides, etc. Hops are sold locally too. If that is something you're looking for, here is a shout out. They have a small storefront, but I'm sure a phone call can get you hooked up.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Friends of ours (Howe Farms) down by Leroy off 231 https://howehops.com/ are continually upgrading their operations including herbs, dog treats, poultry, beef, pork, and such. Their standards are where they hang their hat with no pesticides, etc. Hops are sold locally too. If that is something you're looking for, here is a shout out. They have a small storefront, but I'm sure a phone call can get you hooked up.

My old neighbor (and a current one for that matter) are good friends with them. I think I had some pork from there once or twice. I need to find somewhere close that has good beef, I'd like to do a half cow. I knew they were close, but was never sure where. Now that I see the picture of their farm stand, I know exactly where it is. Never put 2 and 2 together.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My old neighbor (and a current one for that matter) are good friends with them. I think I had some pork from there once or twice. I need to find somewhere close that has good beef, I'd like to do a half cow. I knew they were close, but was never sure where. Now that I see the picture of their farm stand, I know exactly where it is. Never put 2 and 2 together.
    Ya, it's near the CO-OP. When my dad retires from raising cattle, we're going to have to adjust. Saw https://mitznerfarms.com/ at the Valpo Market. I may have to check them out more and sample some fare. We opted for sweet corn this round.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Took my grandson (up from Arkansas) to SPB and out to lunch today. Had fun.
    :yesway:

PSA
    RAMP CLOSED - I-65 and Ridge Road in Lake County

The ramp connecting southbound I-65 to Ridge Road in Hobart will close Thursday for a bridge deck overlay. The ramp is expected to reopen by the end of next week.

LANE CLOSED - I-65 in Lake County

The right lane of southbound I-65 is closed at 217th Avenue (mile marker 235) in Hebron after a truck struck a beam on the bridge. The lane will be closed until the bridge can be inspected to ensure the lane is safe to reopen. Expect delays if traveling through the area.

UPDATE: 217th Avenue will also be closed - at least temporarily - until the inspection takes place to determine whether the bridge is safe to reopen.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    :yesway:

PSA
    RAMP CLOSED - I-65 and Ridge Road in Lake County

The ramp connecting southbound I-65 to Ridge Road in Hobart will close Thursday for a bridge deck overlay. The ramp is expected to reopen by the end of next week.

LANE CLOSED - I-65 in Lake County

The right lane of southbound I-65 is closed at 217th Avenue (mile marker 235) in Hebron after a truck struck a beam on the bridge. The lane will be closed until the bridge can be inspected to ensure the lane is safe to reopen. Expect delays if traveling through the area.

UPDATE: 217th Avenue will also be closed - at least temporarily - until the inspection takes place to determine whether the bridge is safe to reopen.
    Went by there this afternoon and saw the trailer that hit the bridge on a tow truck and the beam were both bent real bad. Must have been going along at a fast pace. Wonder how the driver is and what the tractor looks like?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    PSA-- someone on Facebook said that the traffic lights on rt 30 and 41 are out. That's got to be a mess.
    :eek: Especially if they're planning on turning left.

Big rain is a coming. Free water for all the seed I put down in the woods. Looks like my trash toter will naturally get washed out.
    The plan was to go to the beach...hmmm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom