• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just tried but the honey only seems to have fried my computer....

Ditto.

Seemed to slow down the system. I kept it for about 2 months. Saved about 8 cents.

Honestly the savings almost never materialized. Typically were just a few pennies. Often the trade off was slower delivery (we are Prime members) and to get savings we had to choose between 2 day delivery versus 1 or even 2 week delivery.

If I have to choose between saving less than a dollar but waiting for 10 days for the delivery and paying sometimes only a few pennies more and getting what I need in 2 days, I'll choose the 2 day delivery almost every time. Sure, sometimes I chose the cheapest Honey price, but not often.

Certainly was not worth the performance downgrade on my computer.

playing with raccoons does not count. lol

Its not playing around when its true love :wwub:

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I tried it too and could not stand it. If you really want to save some money online, try ebates. You can get anywhere from 1% to 15% cash back on internet purchases from most major online retailers (amazon and ebay are iffy) just by accessing their website through the ebates site. Last week I bought some stuff on sale at JCPenney, then had a JCP 25% off coupon, then got 15% cash back from ebates. Most retailers have 2-5% cash back, but they usually run 10-15% specials on certain retailers. I just got a check for $14 this month, and next month's should be about $35. No bad for doing absolutely nothing, and there's no crapware unless you install the ebates toolbar, which I don't. There is a browser add-on that automatically tells you what percent ebates a site has as soon as you go to the retailer's website, and asks if you want to activate. I do use that, because I was forgetting about ebates when I would shop.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    and someone else? guess im getting old cause i tend to just buy on amazon or walmart online as both have the same price for the stuff i get. motor oil, pens, shoes, tp, etc..

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    and someone else? guess im getting old cause i tend to just buy on amazon or walmart online as both have the same price for the stuff i get. motor oil, pens, shoes, tp, etc..
    Welcome to the getting old team. Stay active or become a bench warmer. Try keeping up with the grand kids for a real workout.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i just no longer see the point in wasting time and effort in scouting prices for the lowest when its only a few dollars less but then you have to factor, shipping, shipping times, taxes, etc.

now if its say $40 or more difference then sure but those items tend to be high purchase items not your everyday stuff.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    that is cause you are redneck hillbilly living in swamp country and its a miracle when a website says they deliver to you so you have to buy then. :)
    When I moved onto my property 23+ years ago UPS could not find me. GPS systems directed people, delivery trucks, etc to the wrong side of US41 and put them several miles away from my home. That went on for several years.

The struggle is real.

we still like you. :p

But does anyone actually like Jedi :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom