• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm done with you. In this thread you have been given the information repeatedly, but refuse to accept anything. There is always something wrong. Its never good enough info. The source is wrong/not trustworthy. The docs are not public enough. Its always something with you. Context? In what context is our money (outside his salary) going to him for vacations, $20,000+ per year on clothing, etc. OK for a 501 not for profit? Really?

You are either in denial, extremely obtuse, or trolling. I cant tell which. So I'm done with this thread because the handle on my club just broke. :horse:

Have fun.

When there is some concrete information let me know. Clearly minds are made up on very little info. My mind is open to information, please share.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Much work has to be done before we get kool aid!

Would you happen to have a purple cape and white shoes ?

Damn! No Kool aid, AND I have to supply my own uniform?!?!?!

So what exactly DO I get for my investment, anyway?

I think at this point there may be enough koolaid to go around.

I dont think we are talking about the same thing here, dude.

Hint: Jonestown II, Electric Boogaloo

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yeah. I'd wager that not one person active in this thread isn't aware of the rabidly anti-gun people's opinion about the NRA. It doesn't really add anything to the conversation we're having here.

If they were truly aware of the rabidly anti-gun people's opinion about the NRA, then they would also know that without the NRA, the rabidly anti-gun people would have gotten their way and dismantlement the 2nd Amendment by now.

The NRA makes a difference......
    You can tell this because of all the rabidly anti-gun people's opinion against the NRA.

Same way I know that Trump makes a difference.
    You can tell this because of all the rabidly anti-freedom people's opinion against Trump.

The more hate I hear, the better I sleep at night.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Damn! No Kool aid, AND I have to supply my own uniform?!?!?!

So what exactly DO I get for my investment, anyway?

I dont think we are talking about the same thing here, dude.

Hint: Jonestown II, Electric Boogaloo

No, I'm using it in the modern sense, not the Jim Jones sense.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do think an element to all this is enemies of the 2nd and NRA are using stuff that is probably typical routine business at the money level of the NRA and the places they travel to and work from to create class envy between the members and officers...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If they were truly aware of the rabidly anti-gun people's opinion about the NRA, then they would also know that without the NRA, the rabidly anti-gun people would have gotten their way and dismantlement the 2nd Amendment by now.

You can tell this because of all the rabidly anti-gun people's opinion against the NRA.

You can tell this because of all the rabidly anti-freedom people's opinion against Trump.

Oh, I think the people participating in this thread are as truly aware about the same things you are.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dead Duck again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do think an element to all this is enemies of the 2nd and NRA are using stuff that is probably typical routine business at the money level of the NRA and the places they travel to and work from to create class envy between the members and officers...

Could you explain this a little further?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Could you explain this a little further?

The perks that are commonly associated with the wealth and lifestyle of places like NY, DC, LA, places where the NRA works or does media from are not the lifestyle of the typical NRA member or Ingo'er. The enemies of the NRA can exploit these differences to create mistrust that causes members to reduce donations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The perks that are commonly associated with the wealth and lifestyle of places like NY, DC, LA, places where the NRA works or does media from are not the lifestyle of the typical NRA member or Ingo'er. The enemies of the NRA can exploit these differences to create mistrust that causes members to reduce donations.

But the allegation isn’t just that WLP likes expensive stuff. It’s that he was charging this expensive stuff to their PR firm, and then the PR firm was billing the NRA for it. The optics of that, together with an increase in salary without an apparent increase in performance, is pretty bad. The NRA is weakened by this kind of scandal. Pretending it’s not happening doesn’t mean it’s not happening. I’d like to see an independent investigation ASAP to see if these things are true.

In the mean time, if you’ve been an NRA supporter, I don’t see a reason you shouldn’t continue to be. But, if you don’t feel comfortable with that, you have every right to do with your money what you think you should.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But the allegation isn’t just that WLP likes expensive stuff. It’s that he was charging this expensive stuff to their PR firm, and then the PR firm was billing the NRA for it. The optics of that, together with an increase in salary without an apparent increase in performance, is pretty bad. The NRA is weakened by this kind of scandal. Pretending it’s not happening doesn’t mean it’s not happening. I’d like to see an independent investigation ASAP to see if these things are true.

In the mean time, if you’ve been an NRA supporter, I don’t see a reason you shouldn’t continue to be. But, if you don’t feel comfortable with that, you have every right to do with your money what you think you should.

There is nothing in your post I disagree with. My main objection to some of the posts are the ones advocating to others to withhold their money. We all must make our own decision on this issue but it is unseemly in the election year to advocate disarmament of the NRA.

Were the suits because Wayne just loves super expensive suits or for speaking or media engagements? The travel was either properly expensed or it was not. I have asked several times what WLP should make, crickets.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well hold on. People get to advocate what they want to. You get to advocate that people keep giving to the NRA. Some people don’t feel comfortable, given the allegations and whatever evidence brought so far. I haven’t read the whole thread so I may have missed it. If someone is demanding that you don’t give any more money to the NRA, that’s one thing. Advocating is something that you want to do for your side of it too.

If it’s a civil discussion about two conflicting views, there will be advocates on both sides making their points. If it’s just a flame war, with lines drawn, there will be a lot of name calling and temper tantrums. So which is it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About what WLP should make. Whatever he makes should be based on value added. Does he add value to justify his salary, especially compared with similarly sized .orgs. Did he add value to justify the raise? If we’re going to discuss his compensation, those things are more important factors than, pay him whatever because we need the NRA. I think the NRA could be much stronger without him personally. There’s nothing that WLP does that uniquely qualifies him over some other, more capable leaders.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    About what WLP should make. Whatever he makes should be based on value added. Does he add value to justify his salary, especially compared with similarly sized .orgs. Did he add value to justify the raise? If we’re going to discuss his compensation, those things are more important factors than, pay him whatever because we need the NRA. I think the NRA could be much stronger without him personally. There’s nothing that WLP does that uniquely qualifies him over some other, more capable leaders.

I too cannot find a measure to determine what WLP should be paid, I even struggle to think of a similar organization because what they do is so varied. The NRA is not a just charity, it is not a just a PAC, it is not just a lobbying group, it is a unique combination of those and more. It may be more difficult to replace Wayne than you imply. I also think many perceived as qualified would not even consider the position. Why would someone qualified want to take on all the slings and arrows that come with the NRA job. All the worry about their powerful friends turning on them, worry about their families security from deranged idiots. That all comes into play. Do you have any capable leaders that you think would be good for the job? What would he have to be paid to do it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Does anyone have a link to an article on the inside story of the NRA power struggle? Who started it? Who all was involved and on what side? I am not really finding much in depth reporting on this.

Top Bottom