• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dustin2579

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2020
    LEESBURG
    everyone knows the NRA whether or not you care for or support them. My question is what other NRA type organizations are people members of and why? What benefits do they have and what steps are they taking to protect or second amendment? Thanks!

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I became a life member of the NRA and supported them financially long before the wheels came off. I haven't given them a cent in several years and will not again unless there is a substantial reorganization.

That being said, I've thrown financial my support behind Gun Owners of America. I will continue to due so until they show me they are not worthy of my support. That being said, I will never be a life member of any organization again.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Another similar discussion from earlier this year: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/which-gun-rights-org-to-contribute-to.501743/#post-8591781

Like others here have mentioned, the bulk of my membership budget goes to GOA. Because I'm not buying as much ammo I try to donate a bit more to the organization when I can. I'm not impressed with our Indiana senators in the correspondence I've had with them (really gnashes my teeth when Mike Braun reminds us that he hunts so he's pro-2A), but I do contact them and my representative whenever I hear of anti-gun treachery taking place. GOA does a good job of keeping its members informed about what's going on and what the organization is doing to combat anti-2A stuff.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I'm not familiar with the other 2A advocacy organizations. Do any of them carry the same lobbying clout that the NRA does in Washington?

As suggested above, I too would not be inclined to abandon the NRA but would instead support additional organizations.

Top Bottom