• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How have you helped advance the 2A?

• Donated to Pro-2A organization (NRA, GOA, etc)

Votes: 54 74.0%
    • Volunteer with Pro-2A education (Appleseed, etc)

Votes: 12 16.4%
    • Written my representatives

Votes: 57 78.1%
    • Attended Rallies/Protests

Votes: 16 21.9%
    • **** & Moan online

Votes: 41 56.2%
    • Other - discuss below

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I will openly admit that I feel that I have not done enough.

I used to donate to the NRA, became a life member, but stopped donating after the WLP issues became apparent however long ago that was.

I have donated to the GOA infrequently and currently make payments for a life membership with them.

I have attended one rally in Fort Wayne a few years ago.

I have called the White House hotline and left messages before.

I have emailed state representatives/senators, the POTUS and various others when issues arose. But I admit that I generally used pre-written correspondence drafted by others (GOA, etc.) as I'm not very good at putting these kinds of thoughts into constructive statements typically (hey idiot, stop this crap is not very constructive).

What I haven't done is motivate friends/associates who own guns, claim to be pro 2A, but I know damn well they haven't done anything about 2A infringements except ***** and moan to me about them. I don't like confrontation in general, but maybe it's time to get out of my comfort zone and start getting people I know to help out. How long can the silent majority be silent? Until the problem arrives at their doorstep is too late.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    NRA/GOA Life member and donations
    Appleseed/Revere Rider donations
    Vote
    Written those state and national representatives
    Called my sheriff
    Pay attention to this thread and take action https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/2021-legislative-session-thread.489148/
    Give basic lessons to new beginners based on lessons I have taken from those that met here. Coach especially, but also BBI and Guy.
    Got 6 people in my family to attend Appleseed together and 3 of them bought their first rifle to go. 2 now have handguns.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have emailed state representatives/senators, the POTUS and various others when issues arose. But I admit that I generally used pre-written correspondence drafted by others (GOA, etc.) as I'm not very good at putting these kinds of thoughts into constructive statements typically (hey idiot, stop this crap is not very constructive).
    You could even print those out and mail them. Sometimes physical mail is a louder message.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Who else do you donate to?

I know of these so far:
    NRA (National Rifle Association)
    GOA (Gun Owners of America)
    FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
    ASA (American Suppressor Association)
    2A Project
    Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)
    NRA-ILA

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The NSSF is another one that I think is good to support but I don't. I have shot a few USPSA, and its something I want to get more involved in so I probably should.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I voted for an executive and its vice executive without even bothering to read his platform on matters regarding the natural rights documented in the Second Amendment.

Just kidding.... wasn't me.
    :rolleyes:

Not really constructive now is it? Biden was elected, whether you believe it was legitimate or not, it's happening on Jan 20th.

I started this thread to help point out what people ARE doing, and help others learn what they CAN do moving forward. Too many people sit on the sidelines. I know a lot of people who don't even vote in the elections but they sure have an opinion. Think of ALL the gun owners we have on this forum, in this state, in our country. If they all were involved in at least one thing that was constructive, think of where we could be in a year, 5 years, 10?

So besides :stickpoke:, what have you been doing to help? What can we all start doing or continue doing to help?

Which organizations are actually making the most progress? Where do we plug in?

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Who else do you donate to?

I know of these so far:
    NRA (National Rifle Association)
    GOA (Gun Owners of America)
    FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
    ASA (American Suppressor Association)
    2A Project
    the Second Amendment Foundation

Here's their list of cases they're involved in:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    :rolleyes:

Not really constructive now is it? Biden was elected, whether you believe it was legitimate or not, it's happening on Jan 20th.

I started this thread to help point out what people ARE doing, and help others learn what they CAN do moving forward. Too many people sit on the sidelines. I know a lot of people who don't even vote in the elections but they sure have an opinion. Think of ALL the gun owners we have on this forum, in this state, in our country. If they all were involved in at least one thing that was constructive, think of where we could be in a year, 5 years, 10?

So besides :stickpoke:, what have you been doing to help? What can we all start doing or continue doing to help?

Which organizations are actually making the most progress? Where do we plug in?
    Killjoy.... LOL

I've sponsored 10 adult / child duos to Appleseed events (Nothing like seeing a young kid learn so much in a short time with a parent there)

Regular contributor to NRA

Organized and executed a day long introductory handgun sessions at a private outdoor range for 5 co-workers and their spouses

Introduced a buddy and his family to sporting clays and bird hunting

Various other items including researching and knowing a candidate's position on the natural rights documented in the Second Amendment before casting a vote.

PS: For folks that have not done it before, the Revere's Riders / Appleseed events are well worth the time. Not only do they do a great job of teaching fundamental marksmanship, they do a great job of connecting it with American history.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    the Second Amendment Foundation

Here's their list of cases they're involved in:
    I had forgotten about them. Thanks to your posting, I just became a life member.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    PS: For folks that have not done it before, the Revere's Riders / Appleseed events are well worth the time. Not only do they do a great job of teaching fundamental marksmanship, they do a great job of connecting it with American history.
    :+1: I would second this as well! And if you have a rifle with iron sights, you will learn more. So do yourself a favor and shed the scope. It's 100% worth it.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    With what happened at the capital building they may back away from this gun bullsnit some. Time that they go after the real problems for gun violence. And a law-abiding gun owner knows what this is.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    With what happened at the capital building they may back away from this gun ******** some. Time that they go after the real problems for gun violence. And a law-abiding gun owner knows what this is.
    Probably a better thread for this post. Our profanity filter seems broken :)

Top Bottom