• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How have you helped advance the 2A?

• Donated to Pro-2A organization (NRA, GOA, etc)

Votes: 54 74.0%
    • Volunteer with Pro-2A education (Appleseed, etc)

Votes: 12 16.4%
    • Written my representatives

Votes: 57 78.1%
    • Attended Rallies/Protests

Votes: 16 21.9%
    • **** & Moan online

Votes: 41 56.2%
    • Other - discuss below

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm in the nra, I've written my reps I buy from a pro 2a youtuber to support his message.

I figure once they start passing laws I'll protest at the local atf office and or the state house. And maybe if the weather is nice and I have the time off I'll protest in dc. (I'll stay out of the capitol building tho)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am glad you brought this up because i heard him talk about out blue shirting the red shirts and I am a diehard believer in change starts at the local level. Had forgot about it until now.
    I may buy another t-shirt, need a new one for the Statehouse.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I may buy another t-shirt, need a new one for the Statehouse.
    I didn't really realise the value you bring on the legislative stuff until a long time after i joined. Would it be too much to ask how and why you are involved?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This may not be the appropriate place, but it seems like a good time to ask.

I realize INGO is a business, but it is also based on 2A folks.

I haven't become a site supporter because why pay for something I can enjoy for free? AND .... please take this as the joke its intended to be......why would i need more Pms than what Alpo and Kut can send me ? :)

However, I do contribute to causes I believe in.

Like when I buy from places that allow me to round up to contribute to the NRA for example.

i would become a site supporter if one of the "benefits" was some of my funds went to support 2A causes.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    i would become a site supporter if one of the "benefits" was some of my funds went to support 2A causes.
    Well... It does benefit in education, possibly organizing events or responses to things, etc etc.

But Google and other Ad Services have demonetized sites like this so there is a lot less revenue coming in from Ads. Site Supporters and Site Advertisers are more important than they've ever been to keep sites like this going. Big Tech has decided to go to war by taking all the money they can away from causes they don't believe in.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well... It does benefit in education, possibly organizing events or responses to things, etc etc.

But Google and other Ad Services have demonetized sites like this so there is a lot less revenue coming in from Ads. Site Supporters and Site Advertisers are more important than they've ever been to keep sites like this going. Big Tech has decided to go to war by taking all the money they can away from causes they don't believe in.
    Yeah, but I seem to live perpetually on the edge of being on a list :)

No place else I contribute to insinuates they may throw me out :)

I don't want to derail what I think is a great thread though, and I do think your post does give me something to think about.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't really realise the value you bring on the legislative stuff until a long time after i joined. Would it be too much to ask how and why you are involved?
    The short answer is, I needed a hobby. I was a part-time student from 2009-2016. GI Bill is awesome, just sayin.

I found myself at a Public Policy Committee hearing in 2017 sitting next to GFGT (where is GFGT??) BillofRights and BrotherBill3 both testified in support of ConC. I said, "I can do that!" Plus I work 20 minutes away and have a lot of use or lose leave so that's a blessing.

I became an NRA-ILA volunteer when I ran into David Conte at the 1500 (was working the INGO booth at the time.) Been doing it ever since.

As far as this thread, BrotherBill3 has had to step back because of work so I filled in.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The short answer is, I needed a hobby. I was a part-time student from 2009-2016. GI Bill is awesome, just sayin.

I found myself at a Public Policy Committee hearing in 2017 sitting next to GFGT (where is GFGT??) BillofRights and BrotherBill3 both testified in support of ConC. I said, "I can do that!" Plus I work 20 minutes away and have a lot of use or lose leave so that's a blessing.

I became an NRA-ILA volunteer when I ran into David Conte at the 1500 (was working the INGO booth at the time.) Been doing it ever since.

As far as this thread, BrotherBill3 has had to step back because of work so I filled in.
    And we should remember, NRA-ILA is separate from the NRA and another way to contribute isn't it?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I donated to NRA-ILA last month. I wrote my US Rep and Senators a couple different times last year. Oh, and my state rep and state senator as well, once each.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And we should remember, NRA-ILA is separate from the NRA and another way to contribute isn't it?
    Yes! However ILA only gets donations from NRA members. NRA-ILA is the political arm, aligned under ILA is Grassroots, Frontlines, and the PVF (Political Victory Fund.)

I asked David Conte (Regional Campaign Field Rep with Frontlines, I think) what the organizational chart looks like. He said it would take three dry-erase boards and a lot of whiskey. All of the organizational structure is driven by campaign finance laws.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Having just moved from Illinois March 0f 2020 with a lot of work to do for the new home I have not done much here in Indiana. I have been active in my former state of Illinois and an NRA member for about 30 years. In Illinois we had IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day) and I attended almost all and a few years was a "Bus Captain." I have called and written my legislators and my last State Rep. knows me well. I attended town hall meetings, lobbied my local Sheriff and got him as a speaker for a CCW rally.
    I am a member of "Guns Save Life" we are the people who put up the pro 2A "Burma Shave Signs" along the interstate. I have been a regional director for two years and am still on the Board of Directors even though I now live here in Indiana. I am no longer active but was an NRA Basic Pistol instructor and an Illinois certified CCW instructor. I have been shooting IDPA and a Safety Officer since 2007 and always promoted all shooting sports to all my pupils.
    I really appreciate the Legislation of the Second Amendment thread because I am still learning about my new and final home. That is pretty much my past we will just have to see what the future brings, I am getting older but not dead yet. Jim.

ChazL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Tell City
    Donating to Firearms Policy Coalition, written to ATF over the pistol brace issue, sharing articles/videos with son who is also a gun owner.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I wrote to my state rep and senator. Earlier this week, I wrote to each member of the public policy committee to voice my support for the constitutional carry Bill.
    I bought a stack of prestamped postcards from the post office. I hope to use the rest of them when the bill moves on to the Senate.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I use amazon smile when buying through amazon, was directing donations to NRA Freedom Action Foundation.
    Changed it today to Revere's Riders.

I also volunteer at the NWI INGO youth/family shoot. Great way to get involved with those who are new to shooting and put a positive light on guns and shooting sports.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Thanks for posting all the information here about these organizations, I never heard of half of them, nor invested the time to understand them.

For me, lifetime NRA member, and regular contributor. I have a close friend who works there, have been to their range in Fairfax a few times as well. It is an AWESOME range!

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I indicated my responses in the poll. I will also add that I'm a CPA and my professional life's purpose is to save people as many tax dollars as legally possible to cut the federal syphoning of our earned dollars.
    that and I've used all the stimulus money (that my wife will allow) toward 2A stuff.

Top Bottom