• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How have you helped advance the 2A?

• Donated to Pro-2A organization (NRA, GOA, etc)

Votes: 54 74.0%
    • Volunteer with Pro-2A education (Appleseed, etc)

Votes: 12 16.4%
    • Written my representatives

Votes: 57 78.1%
    • Attended Rallies/Protests

Votes: 16 21.9%
    • **** & Moan online

Votes: 41 56.2%
    • Other - discuss below

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    A lot of these organizations would be a great spot for some of the ammo budgets we’re not spending right now. This administration has made it clear they want to make it harder and more expensive for all things guns.

time to fight back and join up with some of these places that will help us.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I may have missed it but I didn't notice anyone saying they are not buying products from anti second amendment companies.
    I do much of what's listed in the poll but I also boycott anti second people, organizations and product...then I write or email them and let them know....
    There's a good list to avoid for those companies that are backing Giffords Impact Network, a new gun control group.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A couple of months ago, we sent our governor 'stand your ground' legislation with veto proof support garnered by a lot of grass roots work - and he signed it

Now we're working to gather support for legislation, that has already been introduced with over 20 republican sponsors, to lift the mandatory mask order and some other covid restrictions as well as require legislative approval to impose any new ones as well as prohibit appointees such as the director of the ODH from imposing any decrees. We hope to send those to the governor's desk also with veto-proof majorities so he will see the handwriting on the wall. There is election security and transparency legislation in committee that we are striving to help shape, also

We had been working on a plan to offer Sherrod Brown a serious challenge from patriots, but with the announcement by Portman that he won't run for re-election, solving that problem will be a higher priority. I believe anyone that can needs to be involved at the local political level by getting right-minded people into the state legislatures, getting rid of the squishes and shoring up the voting system as well as sending America First legislators to Washington

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Update: Governor has said he would veto the bill limiting his emergency authority ( SB 22, this is my shocked face). Takes 60% to override

Voted out of the OH senate 25 Yea 8 Nay 75.8% Yea

Voted out of the OH house 56 Yea 38 Nay 59.6% Yea but there are 5 members who didn't vote as there are 99 house members and the house is split 65 R 34D Only need one more vote

The leaders of both chambers have said they will schedule a vote to override as soon as they receive the veto. Your move Guvna'
    Save face or 'skin that smoke wagon'

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Alright boys and girls, the gov't is starting this fight hard now. It's time to step up and put your money where your mouth is,
    • donate to orgs that will help fight these restrictions
    • write your reps
    • help/encourage others to write their reps
    • get the word out
    The time is here to no longer sit idle on the sidelines.

Prowler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2016
    Bloomington
    Bought another gun and more ammo and armor.
    Contacted all my state and federal reps.
    I am a member of NRA for now but I'm thinking of switching to GOA and going for the life membership.
    Preparing for the worst.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm fighting this push for semiautomatic firearms bans and magazine bans. I have even emailed President Harris and VP Biden. Doubt I get anything in return but I did let them know I was against it and it was a violation of the 2nd Amendment and that would violate every American citizens God given right.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm fighting this push for semiautomatic firearms bans and magazine bans. I have even emailed President Harris and VP Biden. Doubt I get anything in return but I did let them know I was against it and it was a violation of the 2nd Amendment and that would violate every American citizens God given right.
    don't forget writing your rep in the house and both senators too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I do my best to spread a little education around. Try to turn my one vote into several CHANGED votes. One friendly conversation at a time....

And, yeah. Vote, vote in primaries, write to my elected reps, donate a little here and there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't your guys use other states for excuses examples of why they act like they do? We're giving them an example to draw from

It's been vetoed, haven't heard when the vote to override is scheduled
    2nd update, veto successfully overriden last night. See, Indiana, it isn't so hard to rein in the governor, especially when he is from the party that controls the legislature. Don't kid yourself, though. It took a lot of work to lay the groundwork so that reps knew it was very likely the governor would not acquiesce to having his powers limited and have them do whatever dithering they were going to do before crunch time

It also took attention to detail. the legislation does not directly constrain his emergency powers because that would become a (state) constitutional issue. It avoids that problem by reclaiming for the legislature the power to end any emergency declaration at any time for any reason while also requiring renewal by legislation every 60 days of any emergency declaration they approve. It was carefully enough crafted that I am hearing nothing yet as to a legal challenge to the law

So lets get busy over there, neighbors - and remember the stipulation that your legislature cannot call itself into session has to go in order for legislative oversight to mean anything

Last edited:
    Top Bottom