• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    While still a problem, this issue is mitigated to a large extent.
    I was told by a manager I Rural King that not one of their guns on display are functioning.
    They have all been disabled in one fashion or another so they won't fire.
    Manager told me that's why when you want to buy a gun it has to come from the safe in the back.
    The display is just that, for display only.
    I think that RK manager is full of BS, but will reserve judgement until someone else who works at RK and knows something can chime in.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was told by a manager I Rural King that not one of their guns on display are functioning.
    Manager told me that's why when you want to buy a gun it has to come from the safe in the back.
    Well I for one can assure that that manager is either lying, or full of $h1t! Because the last two guns I purchased from there happened to be display models, straight off the shelf (the last shield they had, and the only Taurus tx22 competition they had) I even asked for ones from the back, and was told they didn’t have any, neither left my sight, neither were disassembled by employees or myself, and both fired without any work from me!

If the d!p$h!t manager says that to you again simply ask “then why do you use trigger locks?”…or “what liability does Rural King assume if there’s a misfire or the gun doesn’t work AFTER you take it apart?”.

when I purchased one they wouldn’t remove the trigger lock, I even asked what if it doesn’t fire, I was told “you’ll need to contact Smith and Wesson”

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I sure hope this is BS because I just bought a rifle at the Avon RK. Straight off the rack, lock removed and into the box. Definitely not from a “safe in the back”. This thing better go bang when I function check and sight in this weekend!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    While I don't fundamentally agree with it, I can understand the mentality behind that. Every day, we see vids of theft from big stores by organized vandals. Imagine a customer who asks to see a gun, then bolts for the door and a waiting getaway car. Who's gonna give chase? Not employees. Frankly, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened already.
    Use a fake ID

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well I for one can assure that that manager is either lying, or full of $h1t! Because the last two guns I purchased from there happened to be display models, straight off the shelf (the last shield they had, and the only Taurus tx22 competition they had) I even asked for ones from the back, and was told they didn’t have any, neither left my sight, neither were disassembled by employees or myself, and both fired without any work from me!

If the d!p$h!t manager says that to you again simply ask “then why do you use trigger locks?”…or “what liability does Rural King assume if there’s a misfire or the gun doesn’t work AFTER you take it apart?”.

when I purchased one they wouldn’t remove the trigger lock, I even asked what if it doesn’t fire, I was told “you’ll need to contact Smith and Wesson”
    Just regurgitating what I was told.
    I thought it sounded odd, but every firearm I've purchased from Rural King has come from the Lafayette store, and every Gun has come from the back somewhere.
    I've never been offered a gun off the shelf.
    Then again, I don't think I have purchased anything off the shelf.
    I believe everything I've bought has been through RKGuns

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A firm no has always worked for me…
    There? I heard they will refuse the sale over the refusal to scan.

But I hear ya. The clerk tonight at the c store was shocked when I held my DL tight so he couldn’t take it to scan for my beer purchase.

I actually rattled him. I was polite and explained the basic privacy issue and that it wasn’t anything personal. He keyed it in and I was on my way.

Scary how so many people don’t even think about the overreach. It was obvious nobody ever challenged him on it.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I don't like it, but I don't think it's any worse than anytime you order something online.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bought a Magpul sling anchor. "I need to see your ID." Me "Why?"
    Cashier "It's a GUN part!" Me"(Sigh) No, not really. Can you attach it to a firearm? Yes but you can do the same with a Hello Kitty sticker. Would you require ID for one of those?"

Cashier "(Blank look) I need to see your ID."
    If I hadn't driven all the way across town I would have left the item there and walked out. It was the last time I ever walk out of an Academy.

MH
    Are they just asking for proof of age, residence, or are they putting your information on their computer for what you bought?
    Do they scan your ID? Or manually enter your information?

Top Bottom