Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The cars were very long back then Sooo that seems about normal
    We had a '74 Impala station wagon that I drove back and forth to IUN. 8-9 mpg and that thing was so long. One time I got a parking ticket on campus because the back end of my car was sticking out past the lines of the spot. I was all the way pulled in, the space was just too short. I didn't pay it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well the prices are what is screwed up... My used truck is like buying a house a couple years ago...
    That would be the effects of government abuse of Covid. Create a crisis, shut down the supply lines, create shortages all while printing money out of thin air to devalue the dollar.

I bought a 2014 Nissan Frontier, drove the heck out of it, traded it in on a 2022 and got almost all my money back on the trade in, while paying MSRP for the 2022 Honda Ridgeline. 31,000+ miles already on my 2022 Ridgeline and the value on that currently is is sitting at about $36K despite its well above average mileage.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    That would be the effects of government abuse of Covid. Create a crisis, shut down the supply lines, create shortages all while printing money out of thin air to devalue the dollar.

I bought a 2014 Nissan Frontier, drove the heck out of it, traded it in on a 2022 and got almost all my money back on the trade in, while paying MSRP for the 2022 Honda Ridgeline. 31,000+ miles already on my 2022 Ridgeline and the value on that currently is is sitting at about $36K despite its well above average mileage.
    Bidenomics baby... With the new push to all digital money, I'm sure bartering is coming back big time soon.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I still have computers with floppy disk. They started out at 5.25 inch and shrunk to 3.5 inch. It happens …
    Them 5.25-inch floppy's were always giving me a reason to look at computer issues in an advanced office... All the secretary's had long nails and they would dent the sleeves on those disks and destroy the data all the time... I think I still have 3.5-inch floppy's and some Dat tapes and heck VHS tapes around here... I could open a technology museum ... LOL

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes. 7 percent is not bad.
    But people got used to the last couple years, and the next thing you know is, "it's the worst ever. This generation has it the worst ever".

Ignoring thousands of years of people... having it worse.
    This is ONLY part of the issue/equation.
    As Gunbunnies stated the prices is the other part. Tiktok and youtube has tons of videos on what the price of a house in 1950, 1970, 2000 and now vs the medium income.

While prices and salary where lower and interest rate high then one could still afford a house, car and take a vacation on a single family income.

That is not the case now. Even on a single income (avergae) one can barely stay afloat.

The water level is at our neck as a country. Once food is unavailable, be it at the phywcial store shelves or because the masses can't buy it at kfc, mcd, etc.. that is when the water will be at our noses...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom