Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooooo the gunbunnies mobile has been traded out for a newer truck... Hope I made a good decision as I up my hourly rate to my customers to pay the obnoxious amount they are charging these days... It's not as nimble as the Suburban was but it feels like a bit more power and a lot more room in the drivers seat... Trying to figure out where to re-install my radio equipment and how to take guns to the range since it is a truck rather than a SUV style body... Anyways hope everyone survived the weekend...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Sooooooo the gunbunnies mobile has been traded out for a newer truck... Hope I made a good decision as I up my hourly rate to my customers to pay the obnoxious amount they are charging these days... It's not as nimble as the Suburban was but it feels like a bit more power and a lot more room in the drivers seat... Trying to figure out where to re-install my radio equipment and how to take guns to the range since it is a truck rather than a SUV style body... Anyways hope everyone survived the weekend...

There's something less nimble than a Suburban? Who da thunk it? :@ya:

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    you want one of these https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-mx4
    congrats on the new truck!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actually the truck came with a fiberglass cap and one of those hard covers also although the cap was installed and the cover is sitting in the back of the truck. I'm looking for a taller cap with a ladder rack on it used somewhere though. Hahaha well the Suburban was a bit more nimble with the 1/2 ton frame and the 5.3 liter engine. This 6.0 liter seems to have some time from hitting the peddle to up to moving speed and the frame feels more of those great roads we have are tax money paying for.. I think this will pull my cargo trailer much better though than the Suburban did... Hope to find out next year on a trip down to ATAC in Tennessee to do a review on their firearms training classes... Foot hills probably won't be anything like out west but it will give me a idea...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What the heck?

See a surgeon today.
    She wants another test done first.
    So I call to schedule today, and ... the place is STILL closed for the holiday?

WTF?

I shoulda worked a day job.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had the BAK Industries ROLLING cover version of that BakFlip. Bak makes good stuff. Expensive. But good. Rolling cover can freeze if it gets snow melt. Not a problem if you park it inside. But if your truck sits outside then get the FLIP version. Great stuff. Easy to install.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I put mine up today. Probably should get a couple more, but I'll see how this one works before I pop for another $40.
    I have 2 up. They are only visiting this one...currently. Maybe I'll place a dead one in the other and see if thay makes a difference. The fresh ones need to unalive 1st. I'm not going to open that trap door to a pissed off bee!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom