Nobody cared when it was just us smokers..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

It's coming...

rbxunq.jpg

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I hear you there! It won't be long and they will be charging you a fee or a fine everytime you "Wrestle" with the wifey. I really think that today's Government needs to re-read some history books, lets say circa late 18th Century!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Great....now I get punished cause people are too fat......why does the government give a **** who's fat? If people want to be fat,....well then so be it. Go to Mc Donalds and eat the friggin' tile off the floor for all I care.. leave my sodas and smokes alone!! ( end rant )

Last edited by a moderator:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Tax my cola all day long. Don't tax me for owning land. Don't tax me for making money. Tax my gas, I'll use less. Tax my smokes, it will be good for me.

Let the flaming begin!

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Great....now I get punished cause people are too fat......why does the government give a **** who's fat? If people want to be fat,....well then so be it. Go to Mc Donalds and eat the friggin' tile off the floor for all I care.. leave my sodas and smokes alone!! ( end rant )

I still get fussy with them at McD's because I can't get a darn Super-Size order of french fries anymore, what can I say, I just love those fries!:D

If they use those stupid body mass index numbers to determine whether or not your fat I am screwed. For a 6'2" male 190lbs is max before you were over-weight. Heck, when I was in the service, eating right and built like a rock I weighed in between 230-240lbs.. Guess I will be fat no matter what!:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Tax my cola all day long. Don't tax me for owning land. Don't tax me for making money. Tax my gas, I'll use less. Tax my smokes, it will be good for me.

Let the flaming begin!

No they will tax all of that as well. They will end up putting a tax on their taxes, and they will tax that too.

Sorry, Scutter. I should have said poop. My bad.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    As government continues to become more and more bloated, it simply has no choice but to tax the crud out of all of us to support itself. It's almost hard to find something in life that you're not taxed on at this point.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    It is because they are trying to pass the universal healthcare crap. If you eat obesely you are more of a burden on the system so you will have to pay your fair share... Too bad Obama said that if you make under $250,000 you wouldn't see your taxes go up, he levied the biggest poor tax in this nations history, tobacco (the highest percentage of smokers make under $10,000 per year). Also taxing unhealthy foods will be the second biggest poor tax in this nations history...

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    It is because they are trying to pass the universal healthcare crap. If you eat obesely you are more of a burden on the system so you will have to pay your fair share... Too bad Obama said that if you make under $250,000 you wouldn't see your taxes go up, he levied the biggest poor tax in this nations history, tobacco (the highest percentage of smokers make under $10,000 per year). Also taxing unhealthy foods will be the second biggest poor tax in this nations history...

That makes him a big ol' liar doesn't it?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Please don't misinterpret this post!!!!!!

My observations have been as follows......

By taxing such things as "unhealthy" like smokes, fattening or premade foods, soft drinks the folks that are getting hurt the most are the low income urban area people.

I work in some real "interesting" parts of Chitcago and I have stopped at the "ethnic" markets for something for lunch or the ride home and I can tell you in the following order... Who eats the worst in these areas...

African Americans... The absolute worst!!!!

Everything is premade, packaged, fattening, sugary... I have seen carts full of the discounted(old) hostess products, sugary drinks, Microwavable stuff. Now keep in mind this is not your rural home cooked southern black cuisine this is urban living...

Latin Americans.... Somewhat better

Almost the same but with more fruits and veggies also most meals are homemade... I ate goat(I had no idea it was goat)last week from one of the Mexican guys at work. He tells me Dinner is the only meal that is homemade in his home and he has 5 kids, I can't even imagine what his food bill is..

White(for lack of a better term) Americans... getting better

More meals are made at home, less packaged stuff.

Asian Americans.... These folks are healthy!!!

Every meal is prepared in the home, fresh fruits and veggies, fresh meats

Now keep in mind all of this has been witnessed first hand and through guys on the job site. In my travels I stop at the convience stores and am amazed at the people I see doing regular shopping there, most it is for lack of transportation or a larger store in the area.

I have seen out of date dairy, meat, you name it and normally at 2 to 3 times the price.

What the real kicker is that a good majority of these people are paying with government aid... So who is really getting the short end of the stick here??

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

What the real kicker is that a good majority of these people are paying with government aid... So who is really getting the short end of the stick here??

You can't mandate healthy living through increased taxes on so-called "unhealthy" food. The fact that $12 packs of cigarettes in New York hasn't stopped people from smoking is compelling proof of that. I don't smoke, I don't like the smell, I don't like pretty much everything about it, but the way our government treats smokers is almost criminal. Other "vices" are next, make no mistake.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Our current system of government is like an aging star.... towards the end of it's lifespan, it grows larger and larger, consuming more and more of it's fissile material, until eventually, it's mass can no nolger support it's size, and it collapses in on itself. The founding fathers knew that taxation without representation was a bad road to go down, and tried to limit the ability of the government to do so. Apparently, our current leaders didn't do well in History class, because they aren't happy just making up B.S. laws anymore..... they aren't happy taxing everything that people love to do...... they aren't even happy taxing you when you die. Perhaps they will finally be happy when their star runs out of fuel, and collapses in on them.....:twocents:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    WARNING - I'm a hypocrite on this matter . I hate the tax on my smokes but I'm all for taxing the junk food .

Even if you hate yourself think of the EMS workers that have to lift your sorry behind when you have a heart attack . As Hoosiers we're becoming FAT ****S !

But I'm a smoker so I guess it's all good . :ranton:

Top Bottom