• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    It doesn't make sense to me. I was cruising the wi doj website yesterday and the states chosen were ones that had a state and fed background check (not exact terms obviously) but there wasn't any training requirement like wi residents will need.

So what gives? The doj site did say they will be looking to add other states in the future.

Doesn't matter, I have to have Utah either way as I travel to Ohio and Minnesota as well as wisconsin.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It doesn't make sense to me. I was cruising the wi doj website yesterday and the states chosen were ones that had a state and fed background check (not exact terms obviously) but there wasn't any training requirement like wi residents will need.

So what gives? The doj site did say they will be looking to add other states in the future.

Doesn't matter, I have to have Utah either way as I travel to Ohio and Minnesota as well as wisconsin.

I think our lifetime license option bothers some states.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I believe for some states its the trianing and others is because of a photo ID on the permit / license.

I wish it was like VA and was just a box they check on your Driver ID and I don't have to carry more than one that way. I got enough crap in my wallet between the parks, zoos, and museums that it would be nice to get ride of something they could just put on my ID I already have. My :twocents: :D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Is it that, or the permit given without any training?

The link says that PA is approved, but has no training requirement. I don't know that the training is the sticking point for IN.

I think, but am not sure, that its the photo on the permit/license, or lack thereof in our case.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The link says that PA is approved, but has no training requirement. I don't know that the training is the sticking point for IN.

I think, but am not sure, that its the photo on the permit/license, or lack thereof in our case.

Which is silly, since we have a DL with all that....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is it that, or the permit given without any training?

Training does not impact reciprocity. Look at the list, where in training mandatory Florida? But Pennsylvania is there?

It's not training.

It's not the photo as Florida has a photo.

These urban myths, or gun shop myths, about training and photos need to die.

Reciprocity lists are made by Deputy Attorney Generals who have instructions to "make a list, put about 25 states on it". The states are selected at random, sometimes by knowing people from those states.

From what I learned working on Texas there is absolutely no rational basis for these lists as they are often created out of thin air and do not have any logic behind them.

I would anticipate more states being added over the coming months.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That is fine Wisconsin, you can suck it. I don't need to vacation and pend hundreds of my hard earned dollars there every summer again. Really it is all the better, now I have no reason to ever go through Illinios again. Again let me be clear, Wisconsin, you can suck it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Well, I was told one of the reasons we don't have reciprocity with Kansas is the lifetime.

the photo ID.....we have DL's for that.

And I am with ya on all the crap in our wallets.....

Which is silly, since we have a DL with all that....

:ugh:

What on earth does a license for driving have to do with a license to carry a handgun? You know that you do NOT have to ID yourself just becasue they ask right? Only an infraction or ordinance violation require you to ID to a LEO.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I hope they add IN, just for this beer.

ngspottedcow.jpg

Top Bottom