• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Overzealous drug war claims another casualty -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

This is one of the most scary things about the militarizing of Police forces and no knock warrants. I worry how I would react with a mistaken information or wrong address situation. Unfortunately, probably some officers would go down to #4 buck and I would go down, never knowing what type of gang decided to violently rob my home.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    No knock warrants are just plan stupid.

A no-knock warrant served on my home wouldn't end well for all involved.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I think I agree with a lot of what Mr Cole said, there's very few times that the police need to rush in, IMHO sometimes the police forget, that they have time on their side. Why not wait till he's going to work or outside doing yard work.
    W9ZEB, there's very few people that do know what they would do in such a situation. All you can do is hope you do the right thing.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This scenario seriously scares the crap out of me. Other than the obvious 4th Amendment issues with it, it's just a bad idea any way you look at it. As a law-abiding homeowner, it's going to be a no-win situation no matter what.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't care who you are. You come into my house without knocking (READ: BUST MY DOOR DOWN) some one is going to get shot.

Thats the sad hard fact.

The problem is that the person getting shot is going to be a cop with a warrant. And then it's going to be you.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    And unfortunately, the warrant being for the wrong address has not kept homeowners from being convicted of murder for killing cops serving the no knock warrant.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And unfortunately, the warrant being for the wrong address has not kept homeowners from being convicted of murder for killing cops serving the no knock warrant.

It's even better when it's the right address, but they bust down the wrong door.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    thats so much crap im sorry to any LEO's. But, that is some thing you just should not do!!!! Check out your house because if you do bust in and it does not end in a sad shooting (because i do see your cops) i will sue the hell out of you because you warrant is not correct there for it is void and its totally your mistake (not to mention the 4th amendment violations and other violations) and if you get shot by doing a no knock warrant and it is the wrong house and you get shot that should not be on my head sorry just MO.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    thats so much crap im sorry to any LEO's. But, that is some thing you just should not do!!!! Check out your house because if you do bust in and it does not end in a sad shooting (because i do see your cops) i will sue the hell out of you because you warrant is not correct there for it is void and its totally your mistake (not to mention the 4th amendment violations and other violations) and if you get shot by doing a no knock warrant and it is the wrong house and you get shot that should not be on my head sorry just MO.

What the ????. :chillout: it's ok, breathe

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have no reason to ever expect a raid by the police. If someone breaks into my home I will defend myself. Period.

Why risk the consequences of submitting to a home invasion?

Should police happen upon my house by a wrong address -it'd be a bit hard since my house is rather unique on this block and the neighbors across the street and next to me are in their 80's so it's not like I live next to a drug house- I will defend myself. Obviously I don't have any illusions should it be SWAT I'll be gunned down most likely, but thems the breaks.

I also have no sympathy for any LEO getting killed when kicking in the wrong door. This isn't a game, and there are ZERO excuses for hitting the wrong house.

I also think that no knocks should only be used in RARE and EXTREME cases such as with hostage situations. Should evidence be destoryed because they knocked and waited for someone to answer the door (reasonable time period like 60 seconds and knocking LOUDLY), so be it. I could care less. Too many innocent people have been killed and decent LEOs because their CO was a idiot.

STOP NO KNOCKS! NOW!

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    "No Knock Warrants' should be served on all the idiots that came up with the unconstitutional crap. That way they could see first hand the evil of their handiwork.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Does any one remember about 20 year ago when an IPD officer was killed by a home owner. I cannot remember the details, but didn't the police try to come in unannounced or something like that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a topic that is discussed frequently on online forums, and inevitably the genuine concerns of people about falling victim to such crimes (and it's a crime whether it's illegal for them to do it or not) are dismissed by the k00l kIDz who dismiss it as tinfoil cap paranoia.

Unfortunately, it happens and even one time is too many. There is asbolutely no way to justify it.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I will never have a reason for them to come after me either, so I'd assume it was a home invasion, and defend myself accordingly.

i wonder how long until they get the wrong house and its an leo member's home......that would be the end of no knock crap for good

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    theysayisagorilla
    Top Bottom