• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    And unfortunately, the warrant being for the wrong address has not kept homeowners from being convicted of murder for killing cops serving the no knock warrant.

Please provide details regarding the instances when this has happend.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    As I get older and wiser (???), the idea of a no-knock warrant really bothers me. When I lived in Colorado they had several incidents where they entered the wrong house. What a nightmare that would be.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Please provide details regarding the instances when this has happend.

I was referring to the case of Cory Maye, who was raided because he was in a duplex on the other side of a criminal. Sentenced to death. his name nor his place were on the warrant, but his door was breached and he shot and killed a police officer.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I was referring to the case of Cory Maye, who was raided because he was in a duplex on the other side of a criminal. Sentenced to death. his name nor his place were on the warrant, but his door was breached and he shot and killed a police officer.

Any others? I ask only because you wrote "homeowners" not "homeowner." The plural usually suggests more than one...

Nonetheless, I do share the concerns exressed by you and other members re the consequences of a mistaken no knock warrant being served at my residence. There is simply no good that could come of it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Here is a list of bad raid examples.

There is also a map of Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

To me the scary thing is the collision of no-knock warrants and castle doctrine. You have the right to shoot someone who is breaking into your home with such violence that you fear for your life. However, if that results in the death of a police officer (which is unfortunate in and of itself) your are often looking at the minimum some serious jail time and loosing the ability to ever own a firearm again.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The number of grey and red icons is extremely disturbing. Deaths of innocents and raids of innocents. Had the raids of innocents been home and armed, they would likely be deaths of innocents and/or police officers.

I zoomed in on St. Louis and found this one. With as serious as this is, the situation is still a little funny. That is until you get to paragraph 2 and realize that he is exactly right.

Venice, Illinois Police Accidentally Raid Their Own Mayor's Home.
    A SWAT team in Venice, Illinois raids a suspected crack house by breaking in through a window and breaking down the back door with a battering ram.
    Not only do they raid the the wrong address, they end up raiding the home of Tyrone Echols, the town's mayor.
    "To tell the truth, I don't remember what they said because I was furious," Echols told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "If I'd been here and heard that going on I probably would have taken my pistol and shot through the door. I'd probably be dead. And some of the officers would probably be dead, too."
    Source:
    Patrick E. Gauen, "Mistaken Drug Raid Irks Venice Mayor," St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 5, 1992, p. A12.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom