• ...and so much more!
  • Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    The fan hath slungeth the Shat.

So apparently I'm now in the middle of some insane banger/dealer/stolen gun BS. Yeah life at 10th and Rural. Figure I've already done the official Q&A its safe to rehash the tale. This is life at 10th and Rural.

**Cheesy intro**
    There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was like one of those hot, dry Santa Anas that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch.

I was playing some apex legends on xbox with some friends. When I heard the all too familiar 10th street bang bang bang. Yep another drive by shooting. I grabbed my phone, my HK45 and proceeded out the door like I always so as to render aid and/or dial 911 as needed, like I always do. This is probably the fifth or sixth drive by on my street this week.

As I make my way down the porch and to my front fence I hear someone yelling "Help" "They're shooting at me" I notice a frantic black male coming up the opposite sidewalk from me. I shout out "Who is shooting at you" "are you ok?" He yells " a silver car".

Its at this moment a silver car comes flying up the street slowing to a crawl where I had just been standing. This silver car that had come close to hitting me as now at a slow crawl between me and the gentleman who said a a silver car was shooting at him.

Threat threat threat.

I raise my HK45 and yell "Hey" "stop". The driver looks at me, raises a black handgun towards the gentleman.

Engage Engage Engage

Instinct and training kick in. Sight picture clear, backstop clear and a brick wall. I pull the trigger, I notice the driver jerk to the right and he quickly accelerates down the street.

As I try to get a good look at the license plate, the gentleman who had scrambled onto the neighbors porch emerges from between 2 houses and unloads in the direction of the silver car with a one handed unaimed barrage from an AR Pistol. My street is now a warzone.

I scramble back onto my porch, yell Into my house for my wife to dial 911 because I had just shot someone and waited for the police.

The neighbors across the street came out on the phone with 911 asking if I was ok. I told him I was and to inform dispatch a discription of the car, that I had hit the driver and that I was and armed good guy.

As soon as I saw red and blue lights on my street I dropped the mag, cleared the chamber and set my handgun on the porch.

When I explained what happens and that it was clear that I was not an instigator I was allowed access to my service dog, a beverage and anxiety meds. I was treated with dignity and respect.

I was even allowed to bring my service dog with me to East roll call by accident and thrn finally to IMPD HQ downtown. From what I could overhear a car matching my discription was found at a "nearby" hospital with a large pool of blood.

My EDC was taken for "Testing" and I was told by the detective that it might be awhile because they are moving from downtown to the new building off southeastern, and that that would notify him when it was done and that he had no issue with me getting it back.

So now Im in the middle of some doper/banger drama involving a stolen gun centered on a house with multiple drive by shootings and a previous shots fired armed standoff with IMPD.

Welcome to the near east side of Indy.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Seems to be turning out as it should....glad to hear it and glad to hear you and yours are safe.

Did the thug survive his poor decision making on this go around?

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Seems to be turning out as it should....glad to hear it and glad to hear you and yours are safe.

Did the thug survive his poor decision making on this go around?
    Unknown, but it was described as a silver car with a large pool of blood. I've also has a random person walking down the street shake my hand and thank me saying he wont be coming around again.

But no official confirmation of his status.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

So apparently I'm now in the middle of some insane banger/dealer/stolen gun BS. Yeah life at 10th and Rural. Figure I've already done the official Q&A its safe to rehash the tale. This is life at 10th and Rural.

**Cheesy intro**
    There was a desert wind blowing that night. It was like one of those hot, dry Santa Anas that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch.

I was playing some apex legends on xbox with some friends. When I heard the all too familiar 10th street bang bang bang. Yep another drive by shooting. I grabbed my phone, my HK45 and proceeded out the door like I always so as to render aid and/or dial 911 as needed, like I always do. This is probably the fifth or sixth drive by on my street this week.

As I make my way down the porch and to my front fence I hear someone yelling "Help" "They're shooting at me" I notice a frantic black male coming up the opposite sidewalk from me. I shout out "Who is shooting at you" "are you ok?" He yells " a silver car".

Its at this moment a silver car comes flying up the street slowing to a crawl where I had just been standing. This silver car that had come close to hitting me as now at a slow crawl between me and the gentleman who said a a silver car was shooting at him.

Threat threat threat.

I raise my HK45 and yell "Hey" "stop". The driver looks at me, raises a black handgun towards the gentleman.

Engage Engage Engage

Instinct and training kick in. Sight picture clear, backstop clear and a brick wall. I pull the trigger, I notice the driver jerk to the right and he quickly accelerates down the street.

As I try to get a good look at the license plate, the gentleman who had scrambled onto the neighbors porch emerges from between 2 houses and unloads in the direction of the silver car with a one handed unaimed barrage from an AR Pistol. My street is now a warzone.

I scramble back onto my porch, yell Into my house for my wife to dial 911 because I had just shot someone and waited for the police.

The neighbors across the street came out on the phone with 911 asking if I was ok. I told him I was and to inform dispatch a discription of the car, that I had hit the driver and that I was and armed good guy.

As soon as I saw red and blue lights on my street I dropped the mag, cleared the chamber and set my handgun on the porch.

When I explained what happens and that it was clear that I was not an instigator I was allowed access to my service dog, a beverage and anxiety meds. I was treated with dignity and respect.

I was even allowed to bring my service dog with me to East roll call by accident and thrn finally to IMPD HQ downtown. From what I could overhear a car matching my discription was found at a "nearby" hospital with a large pool of blood.

My EDC was taken for "Testing" and I was told by the detective that it might be awhile because they are moving from downtown to the new building off southeastern, and that that would notify him when it was done and that he had no issue with me getting it back.

So now Im in the middle of some doper/banger drama involving a stolen gun centered on a house with multiple drive by shootings and a previous shots fired armed standoff with IMPD.

I hope you are well armed and have cameras and security bc you are now a target if silver car guy lives. Best of luck to you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This.

Good luck, sir.

Oh, and "it may take a while" is an understatement. All firearms are tested ballistically to make sure they arent know to be a weapon used in a crime. But they are WAY backlogged. Last count I heard was 18 months. And that was pre-covid.

Somebody here mentioned the property room manager just retired and was part of the problem. So lets hope that is true. She was reportedly a caricature of a civil servant that did everything on her own schedule, and no amount of coaxing or professional courtesy was ever granted. One INGO LEO heard a weapon release was waiting on her signature and did the owner a favor and asked her to sign it to move it out the door. "Nope. I'll sign it when I get around to it. I'm busy." ) And to be fair, I heard she was a lovely person, just not one that would go out of her way professionally.

LiveFreeOrDie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2019
    Crown Point

**Cheesy intro**

Threat threat threat.

Engage Engage Engage

Maybe you should move?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Holy wow...

Glad you're ok and that nothing from the law is heading your way. I have to say I join the others in wishing you a speedy relocation from the area.

One shooting on my block and I'd be a shadow. Wow.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Holy wow...

Glad you're ok and that nothing from the law is heading your way. I have to say I join the others in wishing you a speedy relocation from the area.

One shooting on my block and I'd be a shadow. Wow.
    Nothing from the law might be true. But civil court is still out there. Just saying.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I hope you are well armed and have cameras and security bc you are now a target if silver car guy lives. Best of luck to you.
    Might be the case anyway if silver car guy has homies who liked him or just think they need to defend the gang's "honor"

Top Bottom