• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's the "Good" side of rural with the new Boner center and teachers village.
    Glad you are okay, but I would definitely try and get out of there no matter what, even if it means renting for awhile. We lost DoggyMama's older daughter to that neighborhood (drugs) and had cruised through there looking for her on more than one occasion. They could bulldoze that entire Brightwood neighborhood and nothing of value would be lost (no offense intended to you of course).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unknown, but it was described as a silver car with a large pool of blood. I've also has a random person walking down the street shake my hand and thank me saying he wont be coming around again.

But no official confirmation of his status.

He survived.

(This is not official confirmation, btw, talk to your assigned detective if you'd like further)

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Easier said and done on this economy. Every house ive looked st has gone for 10-15% more than asking price.
    If you've got gangster gun fights almost every day on your street, it's probably worth renting, just to get out of the line of fire.

If you have to stay, it might be worth organizing with your neighbors to make the neighborhood a MORE hostile enviornment for the thugs.
    A little brainstorming:
    *recording their every move and forwarding video of criminal activity to the PD
    *regularly calling the city to hassle them about trash in their yard and the grass being too high--if the city leans on their landlord, they might get evicted
    *pitch in to hire a lawyer (maybe someone knows one who will help pro-bono) to sue the crack-house residents--or their landlord--for...whatever
    *maybe organize a demonstration with clergy (10point coalition etc) in front of a crack house
    *and mutual defense, of course.

All the best to you

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    F_GEJC.gif

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you've got gangster gun fights almost every day on your street, it's probably worth renting, just to get out of the line of fire.

If you have to stay, it might be worth organizing with your neighbors to make the neighborhood a MORE hostile enviornment for the thugs.
    A little brainstorming:
    *recording their every move and forwarding video of criminal activity to the PD
    *regularly calling the city to hassle them about trash in their yard and the grass being too high--if the city leans on their landlord, they might get evicted
    *pitch in to hire a lawyer (maybe someone knows one who will help pro-bono) to sue the crack-house residents--or their landlord--for...whatever
    *maybe organize a demonstration with clergy (10point coalition etc) in front of a crack house
    *and mutual defense, of course.

All the best to you
    these are all good suggestions...for the 90's (please take no offense).

it's unfortunate that as a good guy you can't get help from the neighbors, police (i am not blaming the police), or prosecutors.

i deal with pretty much the same issues in my hood. the gun fights on my street have decreased, but the thuggery hasn't. the main dealer on my street keeps the idiots under control as much as he can.

i've had to shoot at a couple of them over the past few years. they usually will leave you be when they realize you are better armed than they.

i've been trying to move for a few years now. i just can't afford the unnatrually inflated prices. plus i'm noticing the same issues popping up everywhere.

if the damn prosecutors & judges would uphold the law & support the people this s*** would decrease dramatically.

you don't see the community groups in the worst hoods. they know they could be victims as well.

i hope everything works out for the best. do prepare for retaliation. i am

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Glad I live where the only shots heard are on my range, or occasionally hunters in the woods...

The last shooting we had out here was a city clown hosing his buddies down with bird shot 4 or 5 years ago.
    I'm pretty sure that was a stupidity accident...

Don't think I'd take to well to living on the corner of Dope & Stupid streets.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Glad your doing well, i live in a small town, we have drug issues here as well, but we haven't got to the point of gunfire in the neighborhoods yet, my wife and i both carry constantly justin case and some of our neighbors are aware and thankful of it. Hopefully we will never have to use force like this but we are at least prepared. I could neve live in a big city myself prefer the more rural areas, and back in the 70's and 80's frequented indy a lot [went to cycle recycle several time] but avoid it like the plague now.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I was thinking most of the HK .45's have a barrel without cut rifling or grooves but polygonal bores. How would this affect the time it would take for "Testing" and what they would be testing for... Of course I may be misinformed, and if so, please correct.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was thinking most of the HK .45's have a barrel without cut rifling or grooves but polygonal bores. How would this affect the time it would take for "Testing" and what they would be testing for... Of course I may be misinformed, and if so, please correct.
    No impact whatsoever. I assume they are tested FIFO (first in, first out), so as soon as all the other guns in the property room are tested, his will get its turn.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Easier said and done on this economy. Every house ive looked st has gone for 10-15% more than asking price.

Nah. Not valid. I meant literally, forcefully, even in the very short term, you need to pack your sh** and leave.

RFN.

Don’t tell the neighbors where you went, and don’t tell this forum either.

Immediate and hurried displacement is a well-known and proven tactic for staying alive.

If that sounds like I am suggesting you run away from your problems, then you heard what I meant.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... you need to pack your sh** and leave.

RFN.

Don’t tell the neighbors where you went, and don’t tell this forum either.

Immediate and hurried displacement is a well-known and proven tactic for staying alive.

If that sounds like I am suggesting you run away from your problems, then you heard what I meant.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^

Top Bottom