Not open for further replies.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Good Morning Gents (and Ladies!)

This isn't my first post, but I wanted to formally introduce myself before I got too carried away!

My name is William, I usually go by Will. I was born and raised in rural Northern Indiana; moved around quite a few times. (White County, Fulton County) Not a lot to say about that, I led a pretty 'boring' life for the most part but I do miss the old days! :)

I enlisted in the Air Force back in '06. Munitions Systems (AMMO!) My first duty station was Pope AFB, North Carolina. Stayed for just shy of two years before a BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) forced a move to Hill AFB, Utah where I'm currently stationed. I deployed once to Afghanistan in '09 and that was/will be my only deployment before getting out of the AF in a few months and heading back home. That deployment changed my outlook on a number of things and is a big reason why I want to get out of the profession of "providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country." I won't get into politics here but I just want to be clear that I personally don't agree with the aggression I see going on everywhere- from both sides.

Having said that, I've always wanted to have my own gun(s) mainly for:

Fun- leisurely target shooting et cetera.
    Self defense.
    Because I can.

As I said before I had not very much firearms experience prior to enlisting, but once I joined the AF I did enjoy shooting the M16 for qualification. After my deployment is really when I seriously considered getting my own gun. I'm a procrastinator, so it took until this last Christmas before I bought my first- a Beretta PX4 Storm .40. I've put a few hundred rounds through it so far and I really like it. I haven't carried it around much, but I plan to OC more and more. Utah is very OC friendly.

I also recently picked up a MAK-90 (Norinco) because come on...who doesn't love the AK?! I haven't fired it yet since taking ownership but I did change out a few parts and bought a ton of ammo. Still need one more U.S. part but it's a work in progress.

Aside from that little bit, my only real hobbies are working on my truck (a Ford F250 Superduty, hence my screen name) listening to music of all types, enjoying life as much as I can and drinkin' beers.

Even though I enlisted to get OUT of Indiana and start a life, I find myself wanting to go back more and more. I guess it's the "grass is greaner" thing. I don't really have any plans for what I'm going to DO when I get out, probably try to get a trucking job (I've got a few contacts) and as much as I hate to, do some schooling.

Anyhow, that's the (not so) short and sweet of it. I tend to read a lot more than I write on forums, so this might be the longest thread I ever make here! I'm sure once I get more settled in I'll have more to add to a conversation, and I do intend to do just that. I'd like to get to know people who are interested in the same things as I am and make some good friends. I have a feeling that will be easy to do here, having read quite a bit already you all seem like genuinly good people.

I'll wrap this up already! Thanks for reading. :patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom