• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Towards the later part of last year I bought a new Waffen Werks '74. I got one built on a Waffen Werks receiver, not a NoDak. Shortly after, I began to read about QC issues with the new in house receivers. I have put 200 surplus and 100 new manufactured rounds thru it with out fail. It ejects forcefully high, about 10 feet right, and slightly forward.
    My question is this, how many problem free rounds before one can consider the rifle good to go?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

Sometimes more. Like some other bigger number. Then something breaks or wears out. And parts need to be replaced. It is your rifle. Keep us posted.

Did you know that rifles have to be kept functioning by armorers in the military? There has always been a unit armorer who's job is to keep the unit's firearms functioning.

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

haha.
    With a couple hundred rounds of reliable ammo thru it, I would say if you're above 99% that is pretty good. ...Now this is the part where others come on here and say they have 10K rounds thru all their guns without ever cleaning or lubing them, but in all reality right around the 99% is GTG for me.
    My next stpe would be trying under adverse conditions and with different ammo.
    Happy shooting.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    dont worry about it seems to work just fine dont it? and i wouldn't do that torture test stuff i never understood the point of abusing a expensive tool like a firearm on purpose. ether way its a machine it will fail sometime.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I agree.... 99% of all fired rounds at around the 300 mark is gtg for my standards for a "battle rifle." make sure your rivets aren't misaligned. Do this by taking the top cover off and looking at the internals. If theres any angle to them, send it back, trust me, you'll run into feed and jamming issues. I have a WW74 on the WW receiver and had to send mine back. They gave me a new rifle and everything is 100%. 5k+ rds and no malfunctions to date.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Is the Barrel 4150 steel? Is the gas tube or whatever this thing uses crimped 'properly'. That is the only way you know it will work....did Colt make it?

Apply purple as required.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I have a late last year model Waffen Werks AK-74 and it's been absolutely flawless thus far. It is also built on a WW receiver and everything on it is straight. Great customer service so if the need arises you should be good to go. Shoot it and enjoy it, I know I do.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Had it not been for the bad reviews coming out after Waffen Werks switched to their own receivers, I wouldn't have given this a second thought. After several hundred rounds without issue I would normally consider it a reliable rifle. While I feel good about this rifle, I will withhold final judgement until I can get a couple hundred more rounds down range.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I would agree that after a few hundred rounds, I would consider it good. Now if you change to different ammo...

Not to highjack the thread, but I have a WW 74 built on a Nodak Spud receiver and it is a jam-o-matic. I'll check out the rivets on it. This went back to WW and they supposedly "fixed" it, but it's still having issues.

Top Bottom