• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a new one and really like the way it feels and carries. Yet to shoot it. Going to friends sometime soon to put at least 50 rounds of target through it.

So far have spent more on it than the price of the gun. Holosun EPS green 2 MOA and circle, hogue grip, extended mag release, Carbo striker and trigger upgrade. Yikes!

I have never done this before.

As my ex used to say, “I want what I want when I want it!”

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I'll just leave this here.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

I'll just leave this here.
    Looked at all the grip modules. Liked the Wilson Combat but out of stock so thought I would try the Hogue grip, fits my hand really well and low $.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    You mean people don't order accessories and upgrades before they shoot a gun?

Heck, I was taught it was OK ordering upgrades BEFORE you buy the gun....
    I guess these days when you have everyone on the internet telling you what you need to do, it makes sense. I see the same thing with 2011's. I typically like to find out what actually needs to be done before I make modifications. To each their own. Some people even carry a gun before they shoot it I hear.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I guess these days when you have everyone on the internet telling you what you need to do, it makes sense. I see the same thing with 2011's. I typically like to find out what actually needs to be done before I make modifications. To each their own. Some people even carry a gun before they shoot it I hear.
    I am sure that is part of it but for me - I have had enough firearms to know what I like as far as grips, sights, controls, optics and in some platforms, the FCU parts.

I wouldn't hesitate to order those before shooting/buying a gun. Probably not replacing accuracy and reliability parts until a solid break-in period though.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, no one told me anything. Just got what I wanted. Never modded any of my numerous guns before.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Not aware of any timeline rules on when to perform upgrades or modifications , let us know how they work out for you. I went to a shop a few years ago to get a P365XL and they did not have any at the time but had a P365X so I ended up getting it.

I think I had one short range session with it and ordered a Romeo Zero and then later a Holosun 407K. At first I didn't think I would like the flat trigger shooting the original curved P365 for a few years prior. But actually liked it better.

Later bought a Glock 43X MOS and then a Shield Plus. Shoot the P365X better than the G43X. The Shield Plus optics cut does not allow either of two optics to zero leaving the P365X as my favorite of the small nines.

Attachments

• 11 P365X 15 yard.jpg
      11 P365X 15 yard.jpg
      124.3 KB · Views: 9

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Another thing. I decided not to change the trigger spring and decided to keep the factory trigger pull. That is my own safety decision for a striker fired pistol with no safety. I normally liked da/sa for carry as I cannot practice as much as I like and no one knows how they will react unless with previous experience.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The 365xl is the first small pistol I’ve liked. Kinda wished I got one with the manual safety. Maybe I ought to order another

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The 365xl is the first small pistol I’ve liked. Kinda wished I got one with the manual safety. Maybe I ought to order another
    The biggest danger is reholstering. So far I carry OWB and it pays to pay attention reholstering. I don’t feel at risk so far even though I prefer SA/DA.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Curious, which extended mag release did you try?
    Vuurwapen has that forward point that protrudes way too much but that factory one sits too flush for an away sloping mag release, IMO.
    1705448912381.png (vs factory) 1705449384010.png

Top Bottom