• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Picked this G3C up today, and for the price of 219 + tax, I could not pass it up. This gun gets pretty decent reviews, so for a couple hundred, I thought why not?
    mOSHNEB.jpg

Taking it and two S&W M&P's to the range in the morning.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Picked this G3C up today, and for the price of 219 + tax, I could not pass it up. This gun gets pretty decent reviews, so for a couple hundred, I thought why not?
    mOSHNEB.jpg

It's hard to believe you can get a new 9mm for that price. Not long ago, someone here posted about a rebate on them. You may want to see if it's still available.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Be interesting to see how it runs and shoots? I like that they found a way to get a rail section up front. Also interesting to see how the smallish gun recoils differerently with an X300 or the like stuck out there?

If that sub $250 gun runs and holds up, you could sprinkle them all around. Car BUGs, cache guns, SHTF family/neighbor guns...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    May need to change your handle. :D Taurus gets a lot of flak, some earned, some not, but the G2 and 3 series they got right. Both of my G2Cs have been flawless through a total over 1000 rounds.
    I have an older model PT99 that they got right.
    Of course, with a 17+1 capacity of 9mm and an all steel gun...let's just say it's not edc for everyone.
    Still, I've never had a failure to feed or fire and it shoots to point of aim.
    I did pay more than $250, but I don't care for plastic guns.
    Tried them and never felt the love.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats. I have a G2C that has been 100% and is a great shooter.
    Most of the g2 and g3 series I have seen have been good to go, but I have seen a few that were problematic for people.
    Seems like they can be hit or miss. Test it out real good, if you got a good one it will serve you well.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I bought this very gun a few weeks ago. The only real complaint I have is the recycle could be a lot smoother, well at least the first round going into the chamber. The trigger is way different, but I have been practicing with it and getting more use to it. I'm over all very happy with it. I did read the reviews on the Tauras website with replacement barrels. And most the left the reviews that the replacement barrels are much better than the one that comes with it.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have an older model PT99 that they got right.
    Of course, with a 17+1 capacity of 9mm and an all steel gun...let's just say it's not edc for everyone.
    Still, I've never had a failure to feed or fire and it shoots to point of aim.
    I did pay more than $250, but I don't care for plastic guns.
    Tried them and never felt the love.
    Yeah, the 99 is a nice gun...upgraded sights.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, the G3C ran fine. I put 88 rounds through it, both JHP's (SIG Elite 115 grain) and 115 & 124 grain Remington & MagTech ball. I had one failure to go all the way into battery, on the very first magazine, so just tapped the back of the slide and it chambered. All other rounds ran just fine.

Accuracy was what I would have considered normal, at 30 feet, shooting both left and right handed. I tend to push my left hand impacts to the right. Here is my target on roughly 6 x 7 inch square. Shooting was done two handed, at about one second intervals.
    byBnSVx.jpg

Recoil was decent, and trigger reset was short. Actually, I thought the trigger to be pretty good, all the way around. Grip texture is great...no moving around under recoil.

Taurus used to put three magazines in these, but they stopped doing that, from what I have seen on another forum I am on. Will pick up a third locally, for I like to have at least three magazines per pistol. Time will tell as I put more rounds through it, but I only paid twenty more dollars for this gun, than I did for my Hi Point JXP 10mm, and I certainly can't carry that, so I am happy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    mOSHNEB.jpg

Don't forget the rebate on this gun. It's $30 it takes about 4 weeks to get it after you send it in.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I traded my first gen 24/7 Pro compact in .45 to dad. Only plastic gun I’ve owned and it’s one I miss. Light, compact , carried 11 or 14 rds and never failed to perform. I’d buy another Taurus auto in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom