Not open for further replies.

NWsapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    northwest Indiana
    Howdy peoples,

Just dropping in to introduce myself to everyone as I fully intend to be quote active on the boards. I live in the Crown Point/Merrillville area, and am a born & bred Hoosier. I recently returned home after four years of being stationed in Ft. Lewis, Washington during my time with the active duty Army. Having recently applied for my carry permit and happily acquiring a S&W m&p40c to serve EDC duties, I figured now is a great time to join.

I hope to gain some knowledge while apart of this forum, in addition to connections with local suppliers, retailers, and entrepreneurs. EVERYTHING I purchase is American made, and I prefer to buy from local sources whenever possible.

NWsapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    northwest Indiana
    Wow, awesome response in such a short time. It's awesome to know so many others around the region are active here. While I'm at it, I'll ask a few questions.

Can anybody direct me to a more cozy friendly alternative to blythe's for winter shooting? $14 thrown the drain 2-3 times a week is getting out ofhand. I like to practice with my weapon, but need a more cost effective solution. I know of deb ' and the place in Lansing.... Any others?

Also curious as to your holster recommendations. I'm torn between a few choices, leaning towards crossbreed right now.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Winamac....Come on its free and there is always a place called Baileys to stop at on the way home. you let me know if you want to go and we'll go.

NWsapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    northwest Indiana
    Winimac? Excuse my ignorance. Haha. Growing up I always shot at JP or Willow Slough, I'm out of the loop now a days.

I'm always in for meeting up with fellow enthusiasts and putting some rounds down range.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you are shootin that much and the indoor is your thing I would get a one year member ship to Blythes. I think they are $230.

NWsapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    northwest Indiana
    Marine, I can't reply to your pm due to my post count, but thanks for the info!

Anybody that would be interested in meeting for some practice at blythes, or even outdoor ranges, let me know. Like I said, I'm always in.

evill150

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    nwi
    Welcome from valpo. As far as indoors not a whole lot of choices. Kings bury is an awesome spot also. To bad range masters is longer with us.

NWsapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    northwest Indiana
    If you are shootin that much and the indoor is your thing I would get a one year member ship to Blythes. I think they are $230.

If this is true, I'll purchase the membership tomorrow. I asked an employee this past Friday if they had any range packages or memberships, however, and the only thing he mentioned was purchasing 5 range passes for something like 5 dollars less than otherwise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom