• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    I would love to have a glock 26 to carry in the summer. all i have is a beretta px4 storm .45 and it's to big to carry without a shoulder harness. I love this gun and i'm very jealous. good buy

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Two things, Congrats! And YES, you will find it boringly reliable and suprisingly accurate. Second: Don't ever sell it. You'll end up regretting that, and you've already made the legendarily good choice of buying a world class concealed carry pistol for your first purchase. Very good choice. And hell, I don't even like Glocks. Really. I don't. Godawful ugly little bastages... Yuck...

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Nice find

Can't add much to the crop of kudos and congratulations that you've already garnered. A fine weapon at a reasonable price. Don't forget, it's a tool and like most tools the more you use it, the better you become with it.:yesway:

GreedIsGood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    thanks a lot guys for all the positive feedback! i love this gun just got back from a lil weekend trip out to the country, got to run about 30-40 rounds through it. so smooth, straight shot. loving this pick up more and more. now i want to track down that big A55 30+ round magazine....hopefully i can grab one before New Years. :)

GreedIsGood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    hey guys just wondering how often i should clean my gun? everytime after i shoot it? or after so many rounds?

GreedIsGood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    picked up the 33rd mag today at a gun show down here in texas. almost bought the HiPoint .45 apc rifle for under 300. :(
    20d9a9a9.jpg

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Nice gun at a good price! I recommend a Pearce grip extension.

I do not. How concealable a pistol is largely the result of thickness and height of the grip. A G26 with a Pearce grip extension is no less concealable than a G19. If you are going to carry a G26 with a G19 length grip, just buy a G19 and be done with it. Plus, a G19 has a longer sight radius than a G26 and thus is easier to shoot accurately.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    That gun will do anything you will ever need a handgun to do.

Really? Because I had a G26 and it was no easier to conceal than the G19 I replaced it with and my IDPA scores pretty much sucked with it.

How about NRA Intl Centerfire? Bullseye? Steel Challenge? USPSA? Not really suitable for any of these. And with its small sight radius, a harder gun to shoot accurately, at least compared to something like a G19 which is just as easy to conceal. Unless you are pocket carrying a G26 in cargo pants....which, for the record, I also hate*.

Gosh, I just hate the baby Glocks with the heat of a 1000 suns. They were a good idea when mag capacity was limited to 10 rounds. They stopped being a good idea after that went away....seven years ago. Ugh.

And do not even get me started on the XDm 3.8 models or those silly 1911's with a full size grip and a 3" barrel.....

* especially when someone wears cargo pants to a job interview. I work at Purdue and every time I see someone rocking cargo pants on their way to a job fair or interview, I just want to duck into the nearest bathroom and hurl.....

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    A glock is a great first gun. Congrats! Very reliable and super easy to take down and clean. If you plan on carrying (even if not) i would highly suggest tritium night sights. Meprolight makes some great ones. This is one of the first things i do to any handgun....esp ones i carry a lot.

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    +1 on the glock...while all glocks are quality weapons,I prefer the compact to full size models. I had a subcompact taurus for yrs & I just could never get any accuracy out of it w such short a barrel. G26 is nice 1st purchase tho...go shoot

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Really? Because I had a G26 and it was no easier to conceal than the G19 I replaced it with and my IDPA scores pretty much sucked with it.

How about NRA Intl Centerfire? Bullseye? Steel Challenge? USPSA? Not really suitable for any of these. And with its small sight radius, a harder gun to shoot accurately, at least compared to something like a G19 which is just as easy to conceal. Unless you are pocket carrying a G26 in cargo pants....which, for the record, I also hate*.

Gosh, I just hate the baby Glocks with the heat of a 1000 suns. They were a good idea when mag capacity was limited to 10 rounds. They stopped being a good idea after that went away....seven years ago. Ugh.

And do not even get me started on the XDm 3.8 models or those silly 1911's with a full size grip and a 3" barrel.....

* especially when someone wears cargo pants to a job interview. I work at Purdue and every time I see someone rocking cargo pants on their way to a job fair or interview, I just want to duck into the nearest bathroom and hurl.....

uhh... Ok.. :dunno:
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Anyways, Congrats! great buy. I love my glock 27. I have the 31 round mag For mine and it does have no real use unless at the range. Saves a ton of time so you can be shooting instead of spending your time reloading. again going to recommend pearce extensions for your standard capacity mags.

Top Bottom