• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    I already have the Geissele bolt catch and Troy ambi mag release on another rifle and knew I liked them. Took a chance on the Elftmann cross bolt safety, and I like it as well, but no live fire with it yet. The AR safety lever has always seemed backward to me. I find myself looking at it to be sure what condition it is in. I have always felt like the lever horizontal should be "fire", and vertical "safe". Anyone else feel like that seems more natural? Maybe I'm crazy. The Elftmann, for me, is easier to manipulate and check condition, in spite of the fact that it is opposite of other cross bolt safeties. Push with thumb for fire, push with trigger finger for safe. Anyone else have one, like or dislike?

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
      IMG_0559.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 52
    • IMG_0565.jpg
      IMG_0565.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_0566.jpg
      IMG_0566.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 50
    • IMG_0564.jpg
      IMG_0564.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 50

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Different. Probably would be good for a new AR shooter thats been shooting crossbolt safties their whole life

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not a fan of crossbolt safeties. Buuuut, that Hoffman Super Safety...

The Geissle bolt catch is sweet, I have two of them. Worth it when they're on sale. Pity it won't fit my Jakl. Seems like a silly thing to mod but I kinda prefer having a dummy-sized paddle to smack.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    JMB used the thumb sweeping downward to disengage the safety (1911). That is used on AR15's.

All crossbolt safeties i can think of, had the button moving left to right to disengage.

But it is innovative and if someone likes it, then its good.

Also, with the lever, horizontal can be fire if you have select fire :)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    xEjXGsc.jpg

I love elftman triggers but am not a fan of the safety. The AR safety works in a very similar manner to the 1911's thumb safety, as God intended and I do not feel like messing with perfection.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I already have the Geissele bolt catch and Troy ambi mag release on another rifle and knew I liked them. Took a chance on the Elftmann cross bolt safety, and I like it as well, but no live fire with it yet. The AR safety lever has always seemed backward to me. I find myself looking at it to be sure what condition it is in. I have always felt like the lever horizontal should be "fire", and vertical "safe". Anyone else feel like that seems more natural? Maybe I'm crazy. The Elftmann, for me, is easier to manipulate and check condition, in spite of the fact that it is opposite of other cross bolt safeties. Push with thumb for fire, push with trigger finger for safe. Anyone else have one, like or dislike?
    I use the Elftmann button safety on all of my AR platform rifles, large and small frame, and really like them. I also use Elftmann triggers on all of my single stage setups. I use Geissele triggers on all my 2stage setups. So far I've been happy with my choices.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Nope. crossbolt safeties are baffling. is left fire or right fire? Oh wait, it depends on the manufacturer. Kinda like forward or rearward to safe a bolt gun.

AR just sweep down to fire like a 1911.

Comes down to what you practice with.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Well, I was trained that if the safety lever was horizontal that weapon was safe.
    A quick look was all it took.
    What you describe makes it uncertain as to the condition, at first glance.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I don’t know where it’s from, but he’s saying my finger is my safety.

So, you run your AR as a single shot all the time?
    As per CMP & NRA rules "all slow fire, is single load & an ECI (empty chamber indicator) shall be inserted at all times, except during the live fire portion, when we revert back to all slow fire is gone single load"

Except for my rimfire sporter match rifle, also and AR based rifle, yes I single load

Top Bottom