• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have a Century Arms C39 Centurion, version 2 on the way. I would like to find a somewhat local gunsmith who has AK work experience to drill, tap and mount a side scope mount plate on the milled receiver. I want to put one of the Russian AK scopes on the weapon that are built right onto the side mount. Are there any gunsmiths out there who can do this for me? My alternative is the Texas Weapon System bolt cover mount which will not allow me to make use of the scope that I want. Also, what would be the estimated cost of this work?

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Proper installation would be to rivet the rail in place...however i understand why many are using screws and locktite because of the serial number getting covered by the rail. There pretty easy to install so really anyone that is used to drilling and tapping bolt guns should be right at home

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have been trying to locate a gunsmiths on-line and have had no luck trying to wade through the advertisements of the Indianapolis area gun shops. Who can recommend a competent gunsmith to put the mounting plate on my new AK?

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    AllenM at diamond collison in avon, JMgunsmithing in greenwood behind the gandermountain now, Maybe bradis or usds could help also.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    AllenM at diamond collison in avon, JMgunsmithing in greenwood behind the gandermountain now, Maybe bradis or usds could help also.

I think Shooter521 mentioned in a thread a while ago that he/they at Bradis now refer people to JM Gunsmithing in Greenwood.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Yea shooter is who i was thinking of just didn't know if they would take it on. Hence the maybe. Never hurts to call someone and ask. But as for people that mess with just gunsmithing really would be the first 2 mentioned.

Top Bottom