Never mind unconstitutional, but the bad guys won`t buy the insurance anyway...DUH!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The requirement won’t apply to current and retired law enforcement officers or those with a license to carry concealed weapons.
    However the proposal does not address the massive problem of illegally obtained weapons that are stolen or purchased without background checks.
    This law targets the wrong people. The vast majority of crimes are committed with illegally acquired or possessed guns. And for the few legal possessors that decide to commit a violent crime I'll bet none will change their mind based on fear of higher premiums.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mmmm. Are there insurance policies for CRIMINAL behavior.
    I didn't know there were.

The ones I've known about are ACCIDENTAL behavior.

Oh, you thought the gun was loaded and shot them one time in the leg..
    You're covered.

Oh, you shot the guy twice in the chest and once in the head and took his wallet...
    Nope, not covered.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Mmmm. Are there insurance policies for CRIMINAL behavior.
    I didn't know there were.
    The ones I've known about are ACCIDENTAL behavior.

Good point. If insurance isn't available what then? It may turn into a case similar to the microstamping law. California required technology that didn't exist be put into new guns.

I read elsewhere that the insurance is intended to cover liability for accidents in legal use, theft etc. If owners don't get approved training or have secure storage (and presumably store guns unloaded or possibly disassembled) then coverage will be null or the premium will be higher. Thus the financial incentive to comply and the hoops to jump through.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The law is designed to make the supporters look good in front of big media and generate revenue for law firms and insurance companies. The only "crime" involved is the leadership which buys the law.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The law is designed to make the supporters look good in front of big media and generate revenue for law firms and insurance companies. The only "crime" involved is the leadership which buys the law.
    Here`s the bottom line; this is simply an additional tax that will penalize and hinder law-abiding U.S. Citizens who aren`t causing a problem in the world. It`s illegal as the day is long, and hopefully it gets smacked down quickly.

Top Bottom