• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Am I the only one who was hoping for someone catching an ass whoopin here? At least lie to us next time.

If you want me to tell you about getting beat down by a 30-something 130lb 5'4" woman, you're probably going to have to pay her extra first. She's not really my type, but any port in a storm? :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Also, by her immediate and rushed reaction (this is the same woman that parked like 8 feet in front of my driveway, prompting me to leave a note on her windshield a couple of weeks back... and she responded by refusing to park anywhere near the front my property at all :laugh: )
    Sounds like a good outcome so far. But can you explain this a bit? She parked in front of your property, on the street, 8 ft away from your driveway? And you left a note?

Jamie-K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2021
    Kosciusko County
    I live in a regular neighborhood where it appears most people do pretty much whatever they want (for better or worse). I do just about everything possible to be the grayman, including (to the horror of many of you) not openly carrying a firearm when just out and about doing stuff in the yard.

My neighbors next door have 2 Pitbulls and one of them is pretty aggressive, which causes the other one to join in. This spring I was out trimming some bushes near their property and the dogs rushed me. The aggressive one was just slightly outside of "oh s***" range for me and the other seemed more curious about what was going on than anything. The owner came out and yelled at them (made no effort to actually get them off of me, like drag them away by the collar or anything) and eventually they listened. I was near their property so I figured, alright, fair enough, dog is gonna dog. The owner starts trying to make small talk with me and I pretty much ignore him, figuring that he would get the hint that I'm not in the mood to chat. I'm also holding a chainsaw...

It happened again Saturday, exactly the same way, but I was on my patio and nowhere near their property, trying to clean my grill. A teenage girl in a bathrobe eventually came stomping over to collect them. Again, she made no effort to do so physically, so for a very uncomfortable period of time the aggressive one is... aggressive. The other one actually came up and sniffed my hand and just seemed interested in the commotion. Same as last time. My response to this was utter silence and just staring in disgust. Nothing I was going to say was going to make things better and this girl just appeared in the last week or two so I think she's the kid of a bad situation. Chewing her a-- wasn't going to do anything anyhow except maybe start problems with her Dad.

20 minutes ago they charged the neighbor across the street's kids. This is like 4 houses way at this point. Same girl eventually walks over there to get them back. It looked like all of the kids ran back in the house while this was going on.

I don't know these people, I don't want to know these people, and I for darn sure don't want to just shoot someone's dog and deal with any of the nonsense that is going to come from that. Whether or not it's a bad idea, I also really don't want to have to put a side arm on to go get the mail and I really don't want to wear a gun while I'm crawling around under a car in the garage (with the door up).

I'm open to suggestions here. I've already convinced myself that I'm going to have to wear a sidearm outside from now on, but I'm also contemplating carrying a couple of dog treats? I also really, really, do not want to know these people anymore than necessary. There have been all sorts of shenanigans over there for the past few years and I don't need associated with it. Plus, my past experience with hillbillies doing hillbilly things like letting their aggressive dogs run around is that they just DGAF. They know they're running around and acting aggressively.
    That's a tuff spot you're in.

You don't want to go around shooting someone's dog … it's really not the dogs fault (they "trained" him that way) and you don't need problems with the neighbor either. I had that problem in the past and used ammonia in a squirt gun to shoot the dog in the face. it causes sever irritation to the dog's eyes, but they won't bother with you after you squirt him a couple times. a mace spray would work as well.

Then, after you squirt their dog(s) ... "IF" the "neighbor" confronts you, you can explain that you could have used deadly force instead.

Good Luck

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I have OC sprayed two dogs in the last two years. One bit me when I was trying to get my dog inside my house This was a blue healer type mix. The second one was a white bully pit that charged me while walking. Each time I reported what had happened to the local PD. I have not seen the dogs since that time. The OC spray I use has the uv marker and left orange stains across the face of each dog.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Sorry for this headache!
    I’m sort of on the other side of this in that my dog is the aggressive one. He’s an all black Shepard/lab mix. I’ve had him about 5 years. From everything I have been told, his aggression is out of fear and poor social skills. I have had him trained and work with him nearly every day. He frequently has free run in and out of the house on the deck and back yard. He has never jumped the fence or deck railing but I’m sure he knows he can. I worry if something sets him off enough that he does get out. I walk him around the neighborhood nearly every day but I have to be on alert for anyone else out walking their dogs. He goes completely ballistic if he sees some dogs out. I have to immediately get him headed away from the other dog. I have searched for help with him on this issue as he is a fantastic dog otherwise. There are several trainers I have talked to that claim they can fix him but none are local. The trainer that trained him said that if we would follow her recommendations he wouldn’t be a problem but her recommendations weren’t acceptable to me. Part of why I have him is protection in the house. She insists he be crated at night and much of the day. She really doesn’t like that he is free to go outside at will. She says he should be leashed any time he is out. This got much longer than intended but it is one of my biggest concerns.

Matt

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw this once on the net and it stuck with me. Even tried it before and never had an issue.

I had shitheels for neighbors. They lived above me and I was in a downstairs basement apartment. I work a 24hr shift and then a 2nd gig for 8 or 16 hrs depending so I was gone mostly. When I was home I wanted it reasonably quiet after 10 or 11. The folks upstairs like their weed n cheap ice house beer and every weekend was usually a drunken one and occasionally there were fights between her and him.

I bought some on sale New York strips, a 6 pack of Yuengling and gave it to them. I mentioned they were pretty quiet mostly and respected the hours when I was home. I told them it was appreciated and I was returning the favor. Cost was maybe $15-20.

Anytime i texted them to get quiet even if they were drunk, they would tighten it up. I had to tell once to fight nicer and quieter and they got the hint. I was also almost a foot taller than her old man and they suspected an arsenal was in the basement...maybe it played into the equation. Who's to say?

Maybe a steak dinner gets you a little further than having PD give a lecture on dog handling laws. $20 bought me quite a bit of peace tho.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    FWIW, I know a guy who used to bike a lot and he carried a spray bottle with straight Ammonia in it for aggressive dogs. He kept in the bottle holder of his bike. He claimed that it worked better than any pepper spray that he had used.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yes sir, good for mean dogs.
    High strength ammonia will put you on the ground.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I’m sort of on the other side of this in that my dog is the aggressive one....

...he is free to go outside at will...

...She says he should be leashed any time he is out...
    You're playing with a loaded gun, man.

That trainer is 100% right. If your dog is free to go out at will, there will be problems. BIG problems. And, as you've stated, your dog is aggressive. A) why have an aggressive dog in the first place? B ) why the hell would you let an aggressive dog go out at will? C ) Why the effing hell would you not leash your aggressive dog ALL THE DAMNED TIME?

What's it going to take? For a child to be bitten? Mauled?

Control your dog or destroy it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You're playing with a loaded gun, man.

That trainer is 100% right. If your dog is free to go out at will, there will be problems. BIG problems. And, as you've stated, your dog is aggressive. A) why have an aggressive dog in the first place? B ) why the hell would you let an aggressive dog go out at will? C ) Why the effing hell would you not leash your aggressive dog ALL THE DAMNED TIME?

What's it going to take? For a child to be bitten? Mauled?

Control your dog or destroy it.
    This.

I loved my pit when he was alive. He was never aggressive, but even then I still never let him outside unattended, and the only time he was outside unleashed was in my privacy fenced in back yard while I sat on the deck and waited for him to finish using the bathroom.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Where I live isn't the edge of the world, but you can see the edge of the world from where I live.

We are very rural and anything aggressive is dispatched, period.

Rather than having the chance of saying, "Oh, if I had only known..." we simply say, "Better luck next time..." and be done with it.

Top Bottom