• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    There's so much more that goes into the overal due diligence required for a shooting range that the average Joe Public would never even consider. I suggest you not waste your time or any speculative money on this endeavor. I can tell from the things you have included in your post that this is something for which you are not qualified. Yes, I know, everyone wants to be a FFL and/or have their own range. If only it were that easy.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I can tell from the things you have included in your post that this is something for which you are not qualified.

Alright....I have gone back and read every post WS has made in this thread and putting the fact that I know him aside, cannot even begin to come to the same conclusion as you. Where are you coming from on this comment??? :dunno:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't see people support as being an issue.. Everyone, at least on this board, would love to have a place to shoot. I would concern myself with community support if I were you. PSS has a beautiful range facility outside of Greencastle ready to go but their neighbors are fighting a public range tooth and nail..
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    IN. And 1 of my co-workers.

You may want to talk to the Check's at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They were going to open a really nice range on the westside of Indy between Plainfield and Danville. They had all their paperwork in line but were met with complaints by local residents. It was called "We The People Gun Range".

It sounds great and I would love to see it happen. The legal aspect of it is a huge undertaking. Finding a site large enough for your insurance to cover you is going to be a large issue.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    IN. And 1 of my co-workers.

You may want to talk to the Check's at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They were going to open a really nice range on the westside of Indy between Plainfield and Danville. They had all their paperwork in line but were met with complaints by local residents. It was called "We The People Gun Range".

It sounds great and I would love to see it happen. The legal aspect of it is a huge undertaking. Finding a site large enough for your insurance to cover you is going to be a large issue.
    As an NRA certified instructor you're able to get quality firearms related business insurance easily and affordably (subsidized by the NRA.) That wouldn't be a big concern. The biggest concern is not only finding the property but getting the majority of surrounding residents on board with the plans for installation. I was looking at a property specifically on the west side which actually happened to be zoned appropriately, but his asking price was well beyond that of my KNOWN budget.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Did not see for sure, but would this be rifle calibers as well? Would not mind finding an affordable place that is closer than atterbury. Shoot with a friend at MCFG pretty cheap but it is only rated for pistol calibers.

Top Bottom