• ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Everyone;

I am talking to some investors about building a shooting complex on the west side of Indianapolis. this is all still in the very earliest of planning stages but is thought to include both indoor and outdoor shooting areas.

These include:
    1) 200 yard (minimum) outdoor rifle range.
    2) 4+ outdoor shooting bays that would meet USPSA regulations to hold comps.
    3) a state of the indoor range (50Ft as of now)
    4) + other things.

This is were I need you help. I need between 500 and a 1000 people that would say the would visit once a month on average or purchase a range membership before they would consider proceeding any further.

location would be between downtown, Danville, Brownsburg, and Plainfield. NO sites have been selected yet, Again still in the very earliest of planning and developing the business plan.

So post an "in" in the comments if you would come shoot. Thanks for you help :ingo:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    eldirector You hit the three main points cost would have to be on par with the rest of the state and the outdoor range and indoor range would be very different hours. Right now the thought is midnight on firday saturday and 9 or 10 the rest of the week.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    In (with the same caveats). I've been looking for a 200 yard range that's close to home.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    IN- I'm putting one in the Zionsville area and we already purchased the property. We are looking to do a state of the art indoor range (wish we could do outdoor as well, but it would never get through zoning). As of now I don't have a ton of info but if you have questions feel free to PM me. I've already done the hard costs on the range and met with the design firm that specializes in ranges. I would visit and support your range.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Under other things add a snack bar and a reading area ( library or book store) which would not probably be profitable in their own right but would keep your customers there longer so they could spend more money on guns and ammo.
    I'm in

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I'm definitely in - especially if the Eagle Creek situation remains bad.

Nice thought on the hours as well - it's usually impossible for someone like me who works until 5-7pm to go to the range after work since they all close around that time on the weekdays.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    500 members visiting once a month....assuming you're open 6 days a week...that's 21 members per day. Not too shabby. I'd visit depending on the costs, hours, and amenities. Not sure that selling food at a gun range is a good idea with the lead particulate in the area....if you did sell food make sure you have modern facilities for washing with hot water and soap. Flush toilets are good too.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I belong to Marion County Fish & Game but I'm in Avon and would be all-in for a local indoor range.

I'm in the same boat as you. I belong to MCF&G for the past 3 years and live in Avon. that being said I hate being cold so I want an indoor range and I hate Dons, and everything about. plus we have to drive to get ot a place to shoot rifles.

Also MCF&G also has trap every Thursday, as of right now I have no plans for trap or sporting clays of any kind at the facility.

Top Bottom