• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    My Dad has been there since Friday staying on the Primitive side. I haven't been since I was a boy. The flea Market was my favorite part. I always hit up the army surplus tents. I keep saying I am gonna go, but never take the time. I am usually working and on call for the spring shoot, so I couldn't go anyway. One guy posted about finding a Beretta 84? I didn't know they had many modern guns there. Am I missing out?

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    My Dad has been there since Friday staying on the Primitive side. I haven't been since I was a boy. The flea Market was my favorite part. I always hit up the army surplus tents. I keep saying I am gonna go, but never take the time. I am usually working and on call for the spring shoot, so I couldn't go anyway. One guy posted about finding a Beretta 84? I didn't know they had many modern guns there. Am I missing out?
    ....there were plenty of modern guns in the lower flea market, we never bothered to go up the road past the sheepsheds....you used to find a good bit of army surplus but that's getting sparse these days....

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I was going in the 80's.
    ....there were plenty of modern guns in the lower flea market, we never bothered to go up the road past the sheepsheds....you used to find a good bit of army surplus but that's getting sparse these days....
    I was going in the 80's. I only knew of the one flea market past the sheep sheds. I guess I need to go check it out.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    I was going in the 80's.

I was going in the 80's. I only knew of the one flea market past the sheep sheds. I guess I need to go check it out.
    ....there's the flea market in town and the one east of the ranges over the bridge.....the one in town usually has more for lack of a better way to put it, "old stuff".... as I refer to it, the one up the hill is mostly commercial Chinese crap and other typical flea market trinkets....

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Soooo festivities have concluded to those that went how was the event? Turnout? Participation? Flea markets? Primitive side?

I didn’t get to make it out due to the scare with my dad 2 stents later and as of right now he is good to go just recovering at home now.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Turnout was pretty light for a spring shoot. The leadership just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. The campground wasn't full. The sheepsheds were only 25 or 30 percent occupied. The primitive side was a little bit busier than last year, but still woefully under occupied.

On a bright note, the folks at the woods walk are really hitting their stride, and it's nicer than it's ever been. The new knife and hawk range looks pretty nice, too.

Glad to hear your dad's doing better.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Turnout was pretty light for a spring shoot. The leadership just keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

how so????
    The campground wasn't full. The sheepsheds were only 25 or 30 percent occupied. The primitive side was a little bit busier than last year, but still woefully under occupied.
    sad to hear that. I am a nobody but I feel like I don’t see any ads or publicity for the nmlra? You would think they would get a Plug at reveres riders or Appleseed…
    On a bright note, the folks at the woods walk are really hitting their stride, and it's nicer than it's ever been. The new knife and hawk range looks pretty nice, too.

excited to see the new range hoping to make it down soon. And the woods walk sounds fun.
    Glad to hear your dad's doing better.
    Thank you.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I thought it was OK because...
    Woodswalk participants were happy with the course.
    Hawk and knife was busy and folks liked it.
    Not many tips BUT-you wanna sleep under one on the ground?
    Campground? I dunno- you figure the rate schedule out or...just go to a motel(ahhh).
    Vendors 25-30%?
    Yes, but the ones there had anything you needed-well there was 1 exception...
    Flea Mets as usual- if folks didn't buy it they wouldn't haul it around.
    Participation- that's the closely guarded secret. Hard to find out# of registered shooters. Harder to find out how many aggs sold. Matches shot, shiloutes shot....if you went and had fun,it was a good shoot!

Top Bottom