• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    A little over a month away who is planning on going? Spectator or participant?

I will be there as a spectator looking for a good deal on a muzzleloader to join in on the festivities some day.

Hoping more people are on the living history/primitive side this year. I heard last year (my first year going) was lack luster.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I hope they have someone a little snappier working the parking booth. Last year it was at least an hour long line going all the way back through town and up the highway.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana

I will be there as a spectator looking for a good deal on a muzzleloader to join in on the festivities some day.

Hoping more people are on the living history/primitive side this year. I heard last year (my first year going) was lack luster.
    I was able to snag my first one last year, there are tons of great deals and at the same time plenty of VERY fine arms that cost more than a new car. I gave $340 for a nice condition .58 Cal Zouave replica last year and my good buddy snagged an antique 12GA Double Barrel for $275.

Sadly I think this hobby is shrinking as the old timers get older. So I go there to soak up as much knowledge as possible while they're still kicking.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Can't make Friendship -- Heading to Bloody Lake rendezvous tomorrow, southern Wisconsin, can't stay the hole week -I'm good for three days-Don't have enough hawk handles to last any longer.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh

....hate to be the bearer of bad news but afraid the heyday of the primitive side is long past..... went up on the hill for the first time in years last fall, I saw next to no trade blankets and one trader.....sure saw a lot of big RV's in the lot below....still enjoy going down there but Friendship is just not what it once was....on a footnote, Flintlocks Inc, one of the biggest vendors in the sheep sheds is my neighbor a couple ridges over....

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    ....hate to be the bearer of bad news but afraid the heyday of the primitive side is long past..... went up on the hill for the first time in years last fall, I saw next to no trade blankets and one trader.....sure saw a lot of big RV's in the lot below....still enjoy going down there but Friendship is just not what it once was....on a footnote, Flintlocks Inc, one of the biggest vendors in the sheep sheds is my neighbor a couple ridges over....

I know what is happening just in the back of my mind I’m hoping it makes a comeback. The more people lose sight of our history and forget it the more we slip down this slope

Top Bottom