• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I saw a report on FOX News earlier today, they were talking about a new tax that is being proposed. It was called a "Value Added Tax" , which more or less to me sounds like a national sales tax. It was somewhere in the vicinity of 20 - 30%. As if I want to give any more of my money to the government. I just wanted to extend a big sarcastic "Thanks" to all the people that voted Democrat. :xmad:

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    i heard that bowhunter. i feel the same way, but just think a few more years of this crap and we wont have to talk about it any longer. know why? we wont be allowed to. BIG ONE FINGER SALUTE TO ALL THAT VOTED DEMOCRAT.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    The European Union has something similar, does it come as a surprise that it would get tried here, too? Bowhunter, I have not heard this report, do you have a link or anything, or was it on a regular broadcast. I checked Fox's website and didn't see anything listed on the front page. I'm mainly curious to see if it will be a blanket tax, or if it will be targeted at certain goods and services? A twenty to thirty percent tax on luxury goods or other "un-necessaries" would be a much easier sell to the public than a twenty to thirty percent hike in everyday prices. Imagine the reaction at the grocery store. People would be up in arms, no doubt.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's what they do in Canada... And we know what an economic powerhouse they are!

I'd be in FAVOR of a "national sales tax" type of thing...as long as it replaces an existing tax.

On top of = no
    Instead of = probably

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    The European Union has something similar, does it come as a surprise that it would get tried here, too? Bowhunter, I have not heard this report, do you have a link or anything, or was it on a regular broadcast. I checked Fox's website and didn't see anything listed on the front page. I'm mainly curious to see if it will be a blanket tax, or if it will be targeted at certain goods and services? A twenty to thirty percent tax on luxury goods or other "un-necessaries" would be a much easier sell to the public than a twenty to thirty percent hike in everyday prices. Imagine the reaction at the grocery store. People would be up in arms, no doubt.
    From what I gathered, it would be a blanket tax. Cavuto was using a gallon of milk as an example, also a washing machine. I will try to find a link to this B.S.
    try this one
    Cavuto's Deal: I Told You So - FOXBusiness.com

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Let's repeal the income tax and payroll withholding first... then we can talk.

I have to agree with you on this one! I am tired of seeing the pork and welfare spending that uses my tax dollars. Lets get back to a Constitutional Government and see how much is really needed.

BTW, from Wikipedia
    BOHICA (also spelled "B.O.H.I.C.A" and Bohica") is an acronym that stands for "Bend Over, Here It Comes Again" - Used colloquially to indicate that an adverse situation is about to repeat itself, and that acquiescence is the wisest course of action. It literally refers to an acceptance of forced sodomy.[1] The term grew to regular use amongst the US Armed Forces during the Vietnam War, and would appear to have BOHICA (also spelled "B.O.H.I.C.A" and Bohica") is an acronym that stands for "Bend Over, Here It Comes Again" - Used colloquially to indicate that an adverse situation is about to repeat itself, and that acquiescence is the wisest course of action. It literally refers to an acceptance of forced sodomy.[1] The term grew to regular use amongst the US Armed Forces during the Vietnam War, and would appear to have derived from the French word beaucoup (meaning "many" or "much"). [2] Although it originated in the US Military forces, its usage has spread to civilian environments and used to describe unavoidable, unpleasant situations that have inconvenienced one before, and are about to yet again.derived from the French word beaucoup (meaning "many" or "much"). [2] Although it originated in the US Military forces, its usage has spread to civilian environments and used to describe unavoidable, unpleasant situations that have inconvenienced one before, and are about to yet again.

I had a First Sergeant that flipped when my attached Infantry platoon fell out for PT with BOHICA shirts on.:laugh:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Statist and Euro's love the VAT because it is a hidden tax. The government levies it anytime a products value is increased (several times during a products production cycle). Think of the production of a gun, the iron ore is produced (Tax), the ore is refined into steel (Tax) the steel is re-refined into sizes/shapes required by gun manufacturer (Tax), the steel is machined into parts (Tax), the parts are purchased by the gun manufacturer and assembled into a gun (Tax). Therefore, the real tax rate being levied by the government is almost completely obscured by the taxing process. That way, the people are held ignorant of the true amount of taxation taking place by their government and can't be mad at them for overtaxation. It's insideous and sneaky. If the government would just apply an end user sales tax, people would know what the rates are and be mad. This makes that impossible.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'd be in FAVOR of a "national sales tax" type of thing...as long as it replaces an existing tax.
    :+1: Replace property taxes and federal gasoline taxes. It would ensure that more illegal immigrants pay their fair share. It would produce billions in additional revenue from those that don't pay taxes (illegals, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc.) They don't pay taxes...but they sure as hell make purchases.

Top Bottom