• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    A new bill in the Senate would make any concealed carry permit valid across the country. S.2188 was introduced yesterday by senators Mark Begich of Alaska and Joe Manchin of W. Virginia, both Democrats. The proposed law would ensure reciprocity between states in the same way that states recognize each other's driver's licenses, but the license holder would still have to follow the unique concealed carry laws of whatever state they are in. States that have "consitutional carry" and states that do not issue concealed carry permits at all (Illinois) would not be affected by the law.

“National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act" Introduced in Senate

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    So that means that we have to be rich and politically connected to carry in places like "new cuba new york"? I haven't figured out purple type yet.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Dont you think that with everyone playing together we would be able to put enough pressure on il to join our game?

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    You need to get the Chicago land area to go with it. However they go so goes the state. I live in IN and work in Danville IL, and believe me the people here want Chicago to be like Washington D.C. You win Chicago you win the state, seems most people in Chiland don't think there is anything else outside themselves.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    This would be a great bill to pass. Seems like it gives everyone the thing they need, ability to carry across boarders, and doesn't **** anyone off because you would still have to follow the states laws that you are in. I can not really see a reason why anyone, pro gun/pro carry, would have any kind of issue with this bill.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dont you think that with everyone playing together we would be able to put enough pressure on il to join our game?

Maybe, but how can you hurt the state enough to get them to toe the line?

But we can't put enough pressure on CA, MD, NJ to drop their stupid capacity of magazine limits. The only way you could pressure them is if resellers would say NO to sales request from LEOs in those states. To my knowledge, Ronnie Barrett is the only one to try this.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Maybe, but how can you hurt the state enough to get them to toe the line?

But we can't put enough pressure on CA, MD, NJ to drop their stupid capacity of magazine limits. The only way you could pressure them is if resellers would say NO to sales request from LEOs in those states. To my knowledge, Ronnie Barrett is the only one to try this.

You draw a good point. Magazine limits at best are just a bandaid to shut people up about the big scary guns. That should be thrown out. In my mind, it doesn't matter if your gun can hold 7 or 15 rounds. It only takes one to kill you.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Start thinking like a rat to catch a rat. If this passes while leaving precious Ill alone for now and one of the many lawsuits are successful in getting at least SOME form of carry there then the door would be open.

I simply avoid IL. And when I do have to drive through it....I fill up on the OUTSIDE of he borders, grab a coffee or coke...and drive straight across. I never stop.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    In my mind, it doesn't matter if your gun can hold 7 or 15 rounds. It only takes one to kill you.

Technically, not even 1. Blunt force trauma from a pistol-whip is easily life-threatening. So do we outlaw heavy guns or start making them with mandatory rubber/foam padding on all of the corners? It's a slippery slope that's coated in BS. If you decide to try to navigate it, don't be surprised if you get some on you. No one should have ever budged on this issue.

Ted Nugent (The King of Passionate Gun Speech) said it best on an NRA Talk Interview recently. If even HALF of all of the Registered Hunters in Illinois would write to their congressmen/women and vote on this issue, the entire state would have their gun rights back in 12 months. The problem is that groups of sensible people are fragmented and believe that their plights are beyond restoration at this point. This is not true. You need but to have the courage to fight; rather than the time to complain.

~LT

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I simply avoid IL. And when I do have to drive through it....I fill up on the OUTSIDE of he borders, grab a coffee or coke...and drive straight across. I never stop.

me and a friend are planning a road trip and added an extra 100 miles to the trip to cut most of Il out of the trip we will now only just hit the norther tip on our way through

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    ^^ I try to do the same thing. Don't want to give them a dime of my money. I wouldn't have a problem stopping at one of their rest-stops to drop a deuce on my way through the state.

don't use a rest-stop , use the steps at the state building.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It did. I oppose both. There should not be a requirement of a state-issued permission slip, nor should there be a "concealed" requirement. Let's push for Constitutional Carry.

Blessings,
    Bill

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    There should not be a requirement of a state-issued permission slip, nor should there be a "concealed" requirement. Let's push for Constitutional Carry.

Blessings,
    Bill

Amen!
    It will be a messier process--much like the RTC movement--but it is far better to keep the feds out rather than inviting them in and abdicating.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    It did. I oppose both. There should not be a requirement of a state-issued permission slip, nor should there be a "concealed" requirement. Let's push for Constitutional Carry.

Blessings,
    Bill

This. If those knuckleheads in congress pledged to uphold the Constitution, they could start by reading it.

Top Bottom