• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Lol I was gonna say “thanks a lot Garth” but I didn’t wanna start a war. He has a lot of fans, for some reason. I like a couple of his songs, but he definitely pushed the genre into more of a “pop” feel

I actually like Garth, but he was the pivot where country started becoming pop music... just 10 years later. I don't know what song it is, but as soon as I heard a country artist say "It's all good" I knew it was over. I was right.

HOWEVER... There's hope on the horizon. I hated alternative music for about 10 years too, but now a lot of it is turning back into 80s synth alt, which suits me just fine too. If country follows suit, we've got a new Hank Sr. or Patsy just around the corner. I'll be back to slitting my wrists over 2 cigarettes and tears in my beer in no time.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I actually like Garth, but he was the pivot where country started becoming pop music... just 10 years later. I don't know what song it is, but as soon as I heard a country artist say "It's all good" I knew it was over. I was right.

HOWEVER... There's hope on the horizon. I hated alternative music for about 10 years too, but now a lot of it is turning back into 80s synth alt, which suits me just fine too. If country follows suit, we've got a new Hank Sr. or Patsy just around the corner. I'll be back to slitting my wrists over 2 cigarettes and tears in my beer in no time.
    I liked some 90s alternative... if you can call it that. I guess it’s more grunge but nirvana is my favorite band. Kurt even talked about a political outsider like trump being president someday... all the more reason to love him.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I liked some 90s alternative... if you can call it that. I guess it’s more grunge but nirvana is my favorite band. Kurt even talked about a political outsider like trump being president someday... all the more reason to love him.
    That's the exact era I grew up on. I'm just "full" of grunge. Kinda had a lifetime supply at this point.

The Staind era isn't too far before I stepped off the train for awhile.

This is representative of modern alternative.

Lol why’d you walk out of a staind concert?

Why wouldn't I? Beer wasn't gonna get itself...

They were the opener, FWIW. I'm not gonna confess who the headliner was, but I didn't wanna be there for them either. Ended up buying tickets to that band's show 3 times too... Loooong story...

The only song I like by Staind is "It's Been Awhile". The rest of it makes me feel like kicking puppies.

That one just make you feel like kicking yourself, or...?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's the exact era I grew up on. I'm just "full" of grunge. Kinda had a lifetime supply at this point.

The Staind era isn't too far before I stepped off the train for awhile.

This is representative of modern alternative.

Why wouldn't I? Beer wasn't gonna get itself...

They were the opener, FWIW. I'm not gonna confess who the headliner was, but I didn't wanna be there for them either. Ended up buying tickets to that band's show 3 times too... Loooong story...

That one just make you feel like kicking yourself, or...?
    No, I don't really know why, but it was one I learned to play and sing. And it seemed less angry than most of their other songs. Truly, I didn't even realize it at first. I was listening to it one day while I was cleaning the house and the more I listened, the darker my mood got and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but then I realized it was the music. Just so negative.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    No, I don't really know why, but it was one I learned to play and sing. And it seemed less angry than most of their other songs. Truly, I didn't even realize it at first. I was listening to it one day while I was cleaning the house and the more I listened, the darker my mood got and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but then I realized it was the music. Just so negative.

Well, I think it's supposed to be some sort of weirdo apology to himself so its not as "loud", but it's a wrist slitter for sure. I'll take negative and angry any day, but I can't take a whole lot of sobbing rockstars anymore.

Top Bottom