• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I watched the race off and on yesterday and it was a pleasant background noise while doing other things. The sound of small blocks at full song is music. Better than any rap or hip-hop hands down. The new cars are easy on the eyes but still turd spec cars designed by committee and putting a lot of fabricators out of work in the race shops. I hate it.

No way that non-driving POS ran up front all day. I want to measure his R-plate.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I've watched the Daytona 500 every year for 30 years with same group of guys. Well, I mean... We tell the wives we're getting together to watch the race. It is always on the TV. But nobody really cares about the race anymore. We shoot the s**t and drink way too much beer. Then the moonshine usually comes out and poor decisions get made. It's a blast.:D

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I really like the look of the new cars but I'm pi**ed at the woke BS that NASCAR has become. Seemed like Bubba was the only Toyota that could run up front alone with the Fords. The "special" restrictor plate sure helps.
    Don’t worry, he’ll be back to running mid pack once they go to a track they actually have to use more skill than holding it to the floor for 500 miles.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Too busy watching Purdue to be bothered with another spec race that eliminated ingenuity years ago and now is woke

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Even with NASCARS help that **** can not win a race.

The new cars are not bad, surprised they did not do the center lug thing years ago.
    From your post in the now closed nascar thread about your daughter’s make up job on you; Not a good look, but today definitely a popular look!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The new cars are not bad, surprised they did not do the center lug thing years ago.
    They were actually closer to “Cars” back then. The center hub nut takes away from the pit stop in my humble opinion. Watching a pro wield the air gun on 5 nuts not missing one of them is magic.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    From your post in the now closed nascar thread about your daughter’s make up job on you; Not a good look, but today definitely a popular look!

The mustache, goatee and sideburns dont help my princess look.

But, she is growing up so stinking fast I do any spa/make-up day she offers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I spent more than 18 years racing at a pro level. 18 Indy 500’s and 25 or so IMSA in the GTP class. Chasing a screaming hot race car in a hot pit situation is truly a rush. The single center nut is fast. But even that one nut can and has ruined my day. Cross threaded it one time and we lost positions on the track. Had a socket nut retainer fail and the nut spit out of the socket and went under the car. Not my fault but the time it took to get the spare nut off my belt and into the socket took valuable time and I did not beat the fuel man. He is our mark. And I missed it.
    Try that with 5 nuts and a gun at full song.
    It ain’t as easy as it might seem those guys kick major ass. That’s stock car racing boys and girls straight up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He is a token. Say what you will. It’s all to obvious.
    Same thing they did with Panica Patric when she came over with serious sponsors with her. You can’t tell me that Tony’s equipment was back of the pack prepared.

Top Bottom