• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    They were actually closer to “Cars” back then. The center hub nut takes away from the pit stop in my humble opinion. Watching a pro wield the air gun on 5 nuts not missing one of them is magic.
    Exactly, and the sound of them testing the guns prior to the stop and the stop itself. I will miss that sound as well.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Half way through I told my wife, "if Bubba wins NASCAR is no more better than professional wrestling and I am done". She thought he was going to win. Ridiculous. I like the new cars but they don't even overheat due to the new air dams bringing air up under the rear bumper. Don't like the one nut. Stands were full, they looked like they were appreciating the fans.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Stands were full, they looked like they were appreciating the fans.

I was surprised when they announced it had sold out. While NASCAR quit releasing numbers I was able to find an article which said 135,000 fans this year. I looked up past numbers when NASCAR wanted their numbers released and 20 years ago Daytona was getting 200K plus some. Easier to sell out when one removes bleachers.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was surprised when they announced it had sold out. While NASCAR quit releasing numbers I was able to find an article which said 135,000 fans this year. I looked up past numbers when NASCAR wanted their numbers released and 20 years ago Daytona was getting 200K plus some. Easier to sell out when one removes bleachers.
    Haven't been much of a NASCAR fan for several years now. It's no secret that motorsports overall are struggling to fill the stands. However, to be fair the economy was much different 20 years ago. Prices are up significantly and for many people money spent on entertainment isn't as easy to come by as it used to be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haven't been much of a NASCAR fan for several years now. It's no secret that motorsports overall are struggling to fill the stands. However, to be fair the economy was much different 20 years ago. Prices are up significantly and for many people money spent on entertainment isn't as easy to come by as it used to be.
    And in truth there is a lot of fun things to do out there. The competition for your entertainment time and dollars is significant.
    Pro sports is getting stupid expensive.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The price of Cup series tickets are the main reason I go on Saturday to the Indycar/Nascar double header at the brickyard. I can watch Cup practice, Indy race, and Xfinity race for less than half the price of just the Cup race on Sunday.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Easier to sell out when one removes bleachers.
    I heard somewhere that, depending on the state, a racetrack's property taxes take into account the number of seats in the facility.

If you routinely sell those seats, it's not a big deal. When you quit selling them, tearing down is cheaper than the tax bill for them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I tried to watch the Daytona 500 (can't call it a Race). Spec Cars, one Lug Nut and Recess between "Segments"????? You'll see more Racing at any Local Track near you. I recall in times past where Excitement came with the Race, I couldn't keep from Nodding Off Sunday.
    And they never even broke 200MPH.

I always thought the point of racing was to go fast.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    I really like the look of the new cars but I'm pi**ed at the woke BS that NASCAR has become. Seemed like Bubba was the only Toyota that could run up front alone with the Fords. The "special" restrictor plate sure helps.
    I agree, Even when he was mid pack they still have to bring him up. There are a lot better drivers than him to talk about.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Flipped on the race just now. I think Richmond forgot there was a race today. I am guessing 20% full. . . maybe.

I love it when they promote the next race during commercials and highlight the "Stars". They always have to throw Bubba Smolletts mug in there. What the ****. NASCAR is not getting the message.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Flipped on the race just now. I think Richmond forgot there was a race today. I am guessing 20% full. . . maybe.

I love it when they promote the next race during commercials and highlight the "Stars". They always have to throw Bubba Smolletts mug in there. What the ****. NASCAR is not getting the message.
    It's sad. I honestly don't remember the last time I watched a race. I used to look forward to watching Bristol and Richmond and Martinsville especially because of the "beatin' and bangin'" that went on. Then they repaved Bristol and made it easier to pass and that went away. I think that was the beginning of the end for me, and that was before all the "woke" BS started happening.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

They need to go through this, if there is any chance that they can learn from their mistakes. Sad to say, but NASCAR needs to feel the hurt of losing touch with their fan base by pushing them away. I hope they'll come around and I'll be able to watch races again in a few years.

Read an article earlier this year with Keslowski (I'm a fan) suggesting things to do, as if he had no clue as to why there is such a lull in fan support. I'm sure he really does know, he just can't dare say. (At least I'd like to think so.)

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Dirt! At Bristol. Now that's something I never thought I'd see.

Lots of empty seats, another thing I thought I'd never see at Bristol.

Top Bottom