• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Watching the news last night / this morning I keep hearing a recurring theme , " T didn't do anything" .

Why do folks choose to ignore the head bashing part ?

If the NAACP files a a civil rights suit , can Z file a counter suit of some sort ?
    They conveniently leave out references to the relevant pummeling/head bashing parts that ultimately lead to his death and choose to view him as an innocent "little boy" as referenced in this facebook posting that I happened across.

"I don't need prosecutors to tell me he killed the little boy for nothing.... Dispatchers told him don't follow him and that lil boy is dead now ...just walking home from the store....he didn't go in his yard Zimmerman sought him out ....Zimmerman weapon was a gun ...trayvon had skittles and tea and fear added with adrenaline to try and fight of this man fighting him.... What goes around comes around"

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Dear NAACP,

Blacks/African Americans make up 13% of the U.S. population. Blacks/African Americans make up 49% of the U.S. murder victims. 93% of the black/African American murder victims are killed by other blacks/African Americans.

You need not go far to find the tragedy befalling your community.

Last edited:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Don't these race-baiting realize that the only crime that was proven in State of Florida v. Zimmerman was that Trayvon Martin committed assault and battery on another person. And this was proven by the prosecution, no less.

These people (yeah... I said it) seem to think that "justice" means, "We should get whatever we want."

How poorly functioning is a mind that believes the mere act of following a black man is a justification for violence, and that violence is not justification for violence in return? Well... What else can you expect from folks who's profession is pandering racism and hate?

George Zimmerman is not, and is not acting as, an agent of the government. He CAN profile if he wants too. And he did not deprive Trayvon of his right to life until Trayvon chose to attempt to deprive Zimmerman of his. Trayvon demonstrated through action and evidence suppressed by the state that he wanted to live a gangsta thug's life. He got his wish, and died a gangsta thug's death to boot.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is this a White vs. Black issue. So all Whites think alike and so do all Blacks? Serious projection on your part. Here is a News Flash ... PEOPLE have different opinions.

You have to admit, people's opinions are often determined by their world views. The people I've agreed with in the whole Zimmerman case are generally the same people I agree with on several issues. And I find myself disagreeing with the same folks as well. It's not as much race as it is background and culture that determines this.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    does fl not have what IN has in which is found innocent using self-defense then you cant be sued via civil trial? what are they going to sue him for??? :dunno:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does Indiana have that? Indiana has:
    IC 35-47-3-2(c) A person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.
    Does "legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever" cover civil lawsuits? I've heard opinions which say it doesn't, as "legal jeopardy" only covers criminal liability, which is distinct from civil.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You have to admit, people's opinions are often determined by their world views. The people I've agreed with in the whole Zimmerman case are generally the same people I agree with on several issues. And I find myself disagreeing with the same folks as well. It's not as much race as it is background and culture that determines this.

I know "whites" who think Zimmerman should be hung, now these people are anti-gun also. I know "blacks" who say why get upset over one murder or killing? How many black youths get killed daily? Look at our town (actual conversation at church this morning). Mistake would be for me to take my limited experience and project this onto the general population and say .. most Whites think Zimmerman is guilty.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    From what I have read it is different he was being charge for murder in Florida they will charge him for violatingMartins civil right in a federal trial.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    I don't think it was trevons fault. The skittles made him angry. The thing no one is talking about is why are we not banning skittles. 17 year old kids just don't get mad and loose control. I have never seen a teenager do something completely stupid or not think an action through all the way. It is with out question the skittles causing all of this.

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    It seems like there would be more blatantly racist acts and actions that focusing on Zimmerman at this point (with no evidence that I have seen that this was race based) is foolish. Certain people disagree with the verdict and that is a fact. The larger fact is that Zimmerman was tried and the jury was not convinced a crime was committed.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Zimmerman is going to get convicted of something - even if it's only stealing poor little Trayvon's bag of Skittles.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    As long as there is an "us vs. them" mentality among so-called civil-rights leaders, it seems they're out to settle scores rather achieve justice.
    :thumbsup: This is all that it appears to be in my eyes. They must rush this along before support for Trayvon dwindles and people realize this isn't a civil rights issue... if that ever happens.

Zimmerman is going to get convicted of something - even if it's only stealing poor little Trayvon's bag of Skittles.
    Yep. That's all they want. "He did something wrong! We don't know what...BUT we'll convict him of it!" :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For those that asked about double jeopardy, dual sovereignty does not prohibit the feds from trying Zimmerman. The federal statute at issue would be 18 USC §249 if you wish to look it up.

This may help, look at dual sovereignty exception here:

Double Jeopardy Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a case that would overturn the dual sovereignty doctrine (this being INGO I am shocked that the Wookie Wing/L. Neil Smith Lobby has not been posting about this case):

The Volokh Conspiracy » Cert Petition Asks Court to Overturn ?Dual Sovereignty? Doctrine in Double Jeopardy Law

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Considering that most of the federal cases hinge on a conspiracy to deprive of civil rights, who will be the conspirators? A mere accusation of a civil rights violation because of race, without something else, is notoriously hard to prove.

I think the actions of the DOJ and those calling for a lynching would qualify as a conspiracy to deprive.

Also, I love the shifting goal posts, "we just want an arrest," then, "we just want a trial," then, "we didn't like that trial, we want another trial."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They conveniently leave out references to the relevant pummeling/head bashing parts that ultimately lead to his death and choose to view him as an innocent "little boy" as referenced in this facebook posting that I happened across.

"I don't need prosecutors to tell me he killed the little boy for nothing.... Dispatchers told him don't follow him and that lil boy is dead now ...just walking home from the store....he didn't go in his yard Zimmerman sought him out ....Zimmerman weapon was a gun ...trayvon had skittles and tea and fear added with adrenaline to try and fight of this man fighting him.... What goes around comes around"

Denial isnt just a river in Egypt. I find it quite convenient that nobody on the defense side seems to be able to come up with any pictures more recent than 5 years ago when he was 12. My nephew is now 17, and he's a LOT bigger now than he was at 12. I stumbled onto the crime scene photo of TMs body that was accidentally not censored during the trial. The body on the ground is definitely NOT that of the little boy they plaster all over the media.

I was furious when I saw the highly offensive painting floating around facebook that shows a cop wearing a KKK hood pointing his weapon at the head of an 8yo black boy in a hoodie who is pointing a bag of skittles up at the officer while smiling innocently. behind them is a framed photo of the US flag with the center ripped out to expose a confederate flag underneath. Despicable.

While I dont think Z should have exited the vehicle in the first place, the rabid portrayal of TM as an innocent little boy is disturbing to me. He was a racist (and apparently violent if you consider the tweets and videos they found on his phone) young man who got fed up with Z following him and it came to blows.

And I dont care what the self appointed mouthpieces say. Just because you dont have the power to affect a change, doesnt mean you cant be something. So you can hate whitey, but since you dont have the ability to not give crackers a job or prevent them from getting ahead doesnt erase what is in your heart. Being a racist is what you think and how you act, regardless of your power or place in society. I dont like mustard. Just because I cant stop you from eating it or have it outlawed does not make me any less of a mustard hater. (sorry first thing that came to mind)

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    While the idea of a civil rights charge was brought up before the verdict the Zimmerman case is much different than when DOJ went after the Rodney King Officers (I am not debating whether the King case was right or wrong just as a comparison). The main difference here was Zimmerman was acting as a civilian, not as the enforcement arm of a GOV or municipality and he was not recorded striking Mr Martin repeatedly. I could be wrong (because you never know with Holder) but those two reasons would likely lead to DOJ not pursuing charges and if they do go forward The defense will factor in the fact brought out the there was marijuana in Martins system which would be helpful to have on Zimmerman's side for the pending civil suit that will definitely be filed as well.

I think it was Al Sharpton who after the verdict stated now the family can move forward with their civil trial, and they are requesting the D.O.J to reopen the civil rights case against Zimmerman.

To add to my first post (listed above sorry if I broke the etiquette) the other thing with this "talk" from the other side on a federal civil rights trial is it opens a dangerous precedent....because if Holder allows it to go forward you (they) are now saying that every person that
    1. used deadly force for self protection should be tried
    and 2. If you were arrested and acquitted of murder in the same scenario you should be tried for civil rights.

I will be surprised if it will go forward however like I said earlier you never know with Holder. I do feel though there is not enough proof of any conviction in a federal trial, hopefully it won't go that far. As for a civil trial That will happen (unless Florida quickly passes a law similar to Indiana's soon which is what I would be petitioning right now for if I lived there)

Top Bottom