• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Then educate me. Without using a biased source.
    I'm just reading your words. You keep saying book bans when no books have been banned. You take what I assume are internet gripes from a few teachers in Florida as unimpeachable truth without consideration of their probable biases. You keep saying the state is taking the choice away from parents about how their kids should be educated when that is precisely what the law aims to address. Those are just a few.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Should society allow woke ideologues to destabilize culture by exposing young children to sexual content beyond their level of maturity?

Should penthouse be allowed in elementary school libraries? If not then I think it’s reasonable to say a book illustrating how to eat *****, or how to “please” another dude should not be in school libraries either.

This isn’t something you solve by saying, just take your kids out of the school if you don’t like it. Not everyone has that option. They’re just stuck with public schools.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Doesn't exist. Including yours.

You’re largely correct, which is somewhat my point lol. Hence why I tend to prefer “grassroots” news sources from multiple angles over the hive-mind of the MSM. And I’ve seen several showing freight-size boxes of books being purged from school libraries. Could it be these are isolated cases? Sure. But these kinds of laws are what opened the door to such events.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Should society allow woke ideologues to destabilize culture by exposing young children to sexual content beyond their level of maturity?

Should penthouse be allowed in elementary school libraries? If not then I think it’s reasonable to say a book illustrating how to eat *****, or how to “please” another dude should not be in school libraries either.

This isn’t something you solve by saying, just take your kids out of the school if you don’t like it. Not everyone has that option. They’re just stuck with public schools.

I agree w/ you. But far more than just those types of books are being purged in the sources I’ve seen. Not just in FL, but others like Idaho as well. It’s a slippery slope, and it’s being abused.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    You keep saying book bans when no books have been banned. You take what I assume are internet gripes from a few teachers in Florida as unimpeachable truth without consideration of their probable biases. You keep saying the state is taking the choice away from parents about how their kids should be educated when that is precisely what the law aims to address. Those are just a few.

You’re not paying attention then, w/ regard to your first few points. The state’s appointed people from education boards are telling the parents what is and is not good for their children. Their original intent may have been good on the surface, but it’s being twisted/abused like many things are these days, again by both sides IMO. But you do you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree w/ you. But far more than just those types of books are being purged in the sources I’ve seen. Not just in FL, but others like Idaho as well. It’s a slippery slope, and it’s being abused.
    Again, are they actually being banned by these laws? I haven’t seen every law passed but I’ve see a few and they don’t have a list of books specifically banned. They callout standards.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    You’re not paying attention then, w/ regard to your first few points. The state’s appointed people from education boards are telling the parents what is and is not good for their children. Their original intent may have been good on the surface, but it’s being twisted/abused like many things are these days, again by both sides IMO. But you do you.
    Like I said, you really don't know what you're talking about. There are hoards of parents that are irate that these materials were being pushed on their kids without their knowledge or consent by sick, deviant "teachers" attempting to recruit into the alphabet mafia. This is what the law was aimed at. But hey, want to defend groomers and pedos, you do you.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Like I said, you really don't know what you're talking about. There are hoards of parents that are irate that these materials were being pushed on their kids without their knowledge or consent by sick, deviant "teachers" attempting to recruit into the alphabet mafia. This is what the law was aimed at. But hey, want to defend groomers and pedos, you do you.

And HOW MANY TIMES do I have to expressly state that I agree with the removal of THOSE specific materials, and that I’d be the first person to throw a pedo in a wood chipper if I caught them molesting a kid??? After ALL that, you seem to think that my being upset at the removal of other NON-RELATED material, caught on video, qualifies me as someone defending groomers???

I'm just reading your words.

No sir, no you’re not. You’re putting words into my mouth, insinuating that I’m some pedo defender when you’re DEAD wrong. I’ve seen what child molestation does to a person and a family, and I’ll be the first person to drop a pedo in their tracks if I catch them red handed. Eat ****. I don’t have time to deal with idiots like you just looking to pick a fight. I’m done here.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Florida’s a **** hole anyway as a result of both political parties and their antics, among other things. They’re just California East, IMO. DeSantis is a disaster just like most other politicians from what I’ve seen, so perhaps “good riddance” would be my response here? :abused:
    Just spent a week on the Emerald Coast, and "**** hole" is not exactly what came to mind. If it wasn't for family, I'd trade my house in Indy for a house in Destin any day of the week.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time worrying about politics while I was down there, though. But did think enough about it that I was quite clear that I wasn't in ****ing California.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    And HOW MANY TIMES do I have to expressly state that I agree with the removal of THOSE specific materials, and that I’d be the first person to throw a pedo in a wood chipper if I caught them molesting a kid??? After ALL that, you seem to think that my being upset at the removal of other NON-RELATED material, caught on video, qualifies me as someone defending groomers???

No sir, no you’re not. You’re putting words into my mouth, insinuating that I’m some pedo defender when you’re DEAD wrong. I’ve seen what child molestation does to a person and a family, and I’ll be the first person to drop a pedo in their tracks if I catch them red handed. Eat ****. I don’t have time to deal with idiots like you just looking to pick a fight. I’m done here.
    You seem to hop from one riduculous internet rumor to the next to complain about the effects of a law that does something you say you agree with. What do you expect us to think about your position? You're either being very gullible, or I'd have to question your motives. Railcars full of banned books? Come on, man!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You seem to be supportive of keeping books in elementary school libraries that teach them how to perform oral sex. Why because if that cannot be “banned” you support it.

Cannot have it both ways…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I am honestly interested.

An example of censorship...a little over a decade ago a "revised" edition of Huck Finn was being published. One of several revisions was "the n word" was replaced with "slave".

There is a hell of lot of revision of history in that alone let alone the other revisions.

I picked up original text editions of Finn and other writings of Clemens by the case loads when that bull**** was going on.... My oldest often asked why. I took it as an opportunity to discuss censorship and control.

I often pass those and other books along as gifts to folks who have some interest in learning perspective of the writer.

Specifically, what books are being purged?

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    We must Ban because we Can.
    Don't pay attention to the Man.
    Shouldn't make fun of those who Ran.
    Let's all work on a Great Tan.

W/Apologies to the Dr!

Top Bottom