Feb 25, 2009
    379751_10151637525498535_117207424_n.jpg

1069158_10151721441713535_1389586207_n.jpg

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Wow!!!! That looks awesome! You must have a lot of faith in that baby engine back there...What does it run?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Love the gyro-copter. I have always wanted to try one of those things out. Im assuming since its an ultralight a sport license is needed, did you get any training around here to get comfortable with one, or do you already have a pilots license?

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm always amazed by the diversity of hobbies and interests on this site, other than guns and wanna-be politicians and lawyers (J/K). That looks like it would be a blast. What's the maximum altitude?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm always amazed by the diversity of hobbies and interests on this site, other than guns and wanna-be politicians and lawyers (J/K). That looks like it would be a blast. What's the maximum altitude?
    IDK, but judging by that second picture....I don't think the helmet would be needed. lol

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Scuh-rewwwwwww that, lol. No offense but you couldn't pay me to get 10' off the ground on something like that.
    I would be vomiting at 6'.
    I don't do heights very well. Ask my older brother, I almost killed him when he talked him into riding The Millennium Force at Cedar Point a few years back.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Some guy was flying that same type of aircraft over my fields and property the other day-same color helmet too. Just south of Goshen, pretty cool to watch. One day I hope to learn how to fly a helicopter or something like this. I grew up next to an airfield and flew in my old neighbors ultralight quite a few times, it was a blast!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wow!!!! That looks awesome! You must have a lot of faith in that baby engine back there...What does it run?

Engine is horizontal/flat whatever you want to call it so the view of the camera makes it look very small. What you are actually seeing is the carbs/air-intake. Look towards the bottom of the engine and you'll see the rather large valve-covers with spark-plug wires coming out. That engine looks like it has plenty of power for taking that little thing up in the air.

Like hornadylnl I'm also curious about the fuel tank... as in where is it? Part of the seat? Built into the frame? Or does it run on human gas? IE, eat lots of beans before taking flight??

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Engine is horizontal/flat whatever you want to call it so the view of the camera makes it look very small. What you are actually seeing is the carbs/air-intake. Look towards the bottom of the engine and you'll see the rather large valve-covers with spark-plug wires coming out. That engine looks like it has plenty of power for taking that little thing up in the air.

Like hornadylnl I'm also curious about the fuel tank... as in where is it? Part of the seat? Built into the frame? Or does it run on human gas? IE, eat lots of beans before taking flight??

Look at the top of the seat closest to you in line with the vertical beam. Looks like a gas cap to me.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Great picture from the copter. I don't think I could feel comfortable doing it though.

I know a guy locally who had one and did not wait to receive instruction, he tested by attempting to taxi it and flipped it over causing considerable damage. It was a very unwise move on his part.

Top Bottom