• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    A bit of catching up, if you please. Kahr got my gun back (they paid for shipping) about a week ago. Monday I got an e-mail from Customer Service that said, essentially:

"You gun is defective; the frame cannot be fixed. Therefore, we are sending you a brand new Kahr CM9. As this is a new gun, we must ship it to an FFL. Please provide us the contact number and/or e-mail for your preferred FFL."

I give Kahr high marks for customer service, so far. My original email about it being defective went out on a Saturday evening, about 7:00pm, IIRC. By 8:00pm that same evening I had gotten a response. On the following Monday, I got a FEDEX call tag to ship it back to them at their expense. Now they are shipping a new (hopefully fully working!) gun. I hope to have it early next week. More to come.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is my current EDC here in West Palm Beach. I carried it earlier on Miami Beach proper. I need to round the trigger a little bit when we get home. 20230608_234634.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Very well as expect carrying in front pocket with soft deprinter behind my wallet. I don't know actual shot pattern as I haven't shot anybody in St. Augustine, West Palm Beach and now we have migrated to Miami Beach. My fraternity brother likes beer so we are supping at one. I drink Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper...

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Well... I sent Kahr an email Friday afternoon requesting the status of my shipment. I asked if they got the name, phone#, email address of my preferred FFL (Belcher's on McKinley in Mish), and when my replacement CM9 will be shipped. No answer, as of 9:00am Sunday. Not sure this means anything at all. Other than 4:00pm on Friday may be a bit late to expect a quick response.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    On 6/6 Kahr told me they would be replacing my CM9. On 6/12 Kahr told me they had all necessary information to ship my new CM9 to the FFL of my choice. No word yet on shipping timeframe. To be fair, their CS page states 4-6 week turn around on warranty 'work'. Still waiting patiently.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I picked up my new CM9, yesterday. Today I dis-assembled it and gave it a thorough clean and lubrication. It may be nothing; it may be a testament to Kahr's QC, but there is a nick in one side of the feed ramp. It looks like it hit with a chisel. The defect is far enough off to the side that it SHOULD not affect feeding... I hope. Disappointing. I was hoping that since this was a warranty replacement of an admitted factory defect, they would have looked at it pretty closely. In Kahr's favor, they did shoot it (it was dirty). I certainly hope that if it had any feed problems, they would have addressed them before shipping. Hoping to get to the range in the next day or two.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I had about 45 minutes at Range USA with it this afternoon. Round 3 of the 4th magazine did not eject properly. The empty case ended up backward (open end face me), jammed between the slide and the rear of the barrel. Classic limp-wrist malfunction; the gun did not cause that one. No other issues of any kind in 200 total rounds. The 'nick' in the feed ramp appears to be irrelevant. Just so you know how I run breakins: Full magazine, empty chamber, both mags. Full magazine +1 in chamber, both mags. Load both mags, shoot 1 round from each, change mags, repeat until both are empty. Both magazines with 1, then 2, then 3 rounds only. And shoot several rounds, change magazine, shoot to empty.

To my mind, the gun worked as I expected. It went off every time I pulled the trigger. No failures to reset trigger. No failures to lock open on empty magazines. No failures to feed first round from fresh magazine. On this last one, I played by Kahr's rules: Use the slide stop to charge the chamber, do not slingshot. I used the slide stop every time to load from a fresh magazine and it worked every time. I did try slingshotting the slide at home with live ammo (same stuff I shot). Curiously, when manually operating the slide to feed a fresh magazine, the 6-round flush fit magazine worked every time, annnnndddd the 7-round extended magazine FAILED every time. That is why I used the slide stop EVERY TIME at the range. And it works.

After about 150 rounds in 30+ minutes, I was shaking and losing my grip between rounds. The grip on this gun (6 or 7-rounder in place) is tiny. I will be shopping for a Hogue something or other to fatten up the grip a bit. I do not have this problem with bigger guns (P365XL, G21), and I've never fired 200 consective rounds through my Keltech P32. I have 4 6-round mags for that gun. 24 rounds out of 6oz. gun, 32acp or not, is quite enough. Suffice it to say, I am quite happy with my initial outing with my (2nd) new Kahr CM9. Next time, targets.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I took my new CM9 back to the range today. It appeared to function just fine for the first 60-70 rounds (still shooting my break-in ball ammo). Then the front sight left the gun. After 10 minutes or so of digging around on the floor for it, amongst hundreds of empty casings, I found it. It appears to be intact, but whatever was holding it on from the inside of the slide is broken/gone. Does anyone have a GOOD way of re-affixing a plastic sight to a steel slide? A guy at the range suggested Red Loc-Tite. Thoughts?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I took my new CM9 back to the range today. It appeared to function just fine for the first 60-70 rounds (still shooting my break-in ball ammo). Then the front sight left the gun. After 10 minutes or so of digging around on the floor for it, amongst hundreds of empty casings, I found it. It appears to be intact, but whatever was holding it on from the inside of the slide is broken/gone. Does anyone have a GOOD way of re-affixing a plastic sight to a steel slide? A guy at the range suggested Red Loc-Tite. Thoughts?
    toldya.gif

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Can you take a pic? Is the post for the front sight still intact? I don't know if Kahr uses staked front sights or something like Glock uses now with the bolt.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    A couple of photos. Sight sitting on slide, slide holes from the inside, sight w/both posts still attached. The posts still fit tightly in the holes. There was a small black plastic piece inside each hole on the underside. I have no idea what they were, but both of them broke off the bottom of the sight.
    Sorry, just noticed the upside-down sight is blurry. The 'pegs' are round and smooth, no threads or screw holes. I am planning to use some sort of superglue/cyanoacrylate to put it back together.

Attachments

• IMG_3392.JPG
      IMG_3392.JPG
      341.4 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_3393.JPG
      IMG_3393.JPG
      193.4 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_3395.JPG
      IMG_3395.JPG
      125.3 KB · Views: 6

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    A couple of photos. Sight sitting on slide, slide holes from the inside, sight w/both posts still attached. The posts still fit tightly in the holes. There was a small black plastic piece inside each hole on the underside. I have no idea what they were, but both of them broke off the bottom of the sight.
    Sorry, just noticed the upside-down sight is blurry. The 'pegs' are round and smooth, no threads or screw holes. I am planning to use some sort of superglue/cyanoacrylate to put it back together.
    Tell me you are going to move on to something else?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Top Bottom