• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My family has grown since the last portrait. The Glock 20 Long Slide now has its own kit which includes the original slide with the stock barrel and a conversion barrel for .40s&w, so I can grab the one box and go and have a lot of flexibility in shooting.

8f655d694cbee4891ac55daf6a5ee3c4.jpg

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    All of this is with my handloads, 180gr rounded HPs.

I loaded a couple in a mag, cycled them through manually, no issues, so I loaded a full mag, cycled them all through manually, no issues.

I then single loaded it, aimed, bang, right on black at 50'

Load two, bang bang, pretty close to the original.

Load a full magazine, no issues, decent group.

Load a full magazine plus one in the chamber, no issues.

20 rounds, some rapid fire, 4" group at 50'.

Now as far as my impressions of the gun, keeping in mind I am not a 1911 guy. My only other 1911 is the Colt Delta Elite. I've only owned two other 1911s in my life when I started shooting and sold both of them when Glock came out with the G29 in the early 90s and never looked back:

I LIKE it. It fits the hand well, the slide is tight, the fit and finish are very good. The VZ grip is aggressive without being obnoxious, and the protected front fiber optic sight is excellent in low light. I was shooting it in my shack with the lights off and the front sight was very easy to pick up.

To get a comparison, I shot it side by side with my Colt Delta Elite, and I have to say this $600 RIA felt better, shot better, and has a better trigger than the $850 CDE. Of course the CDE is stainless which I consider about $100 worth of the difference. The Colt has about 1/8" travel before break and it's a heavy break (yes, I know the trigger can be cleaned up, but I tend to shoot stock). The RIA has zero travel, the break is considerably lighter, and it is a total surprise.

Now, if they made the RIA in stainless and charged $700, I would not hesitate to buy it over the Colt based on first impressions. It does not feel like a cheaper gun, and point in fact I feel like I'd have to put a couple hundred bucks into the Colt to make it feel like the RIA. This of course, as I said, is based on my NOT being a 1911 afficionado. I'm sure the custom Les Bauer or whatever guys would sneer at a $600 1911, but I'm very happy with it and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom