• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    8-21-2012. The day I signed up for INGO. I made my first post the next day. I was commenting on a KelTec PF-9. Go figure.

One thing INGO has shown me is how much I DIDN'T know about the lifestyle that is guns. The information I gleaned was a huge eyeopener. Seriously. The members of INGO thought me so much I didn't know about carrying. Specifically about the law. Yeah, I unknowingly carried in places I shouldn't have. But INGO just didn't give me answers, it made me actually care about carrying and go do the research on my own.

Another benefit has been the education about gear. When I joined, I had a $15 Walmart belt and a $7 Uncle Mike's IWB "holster" for my PF-9. Yeah. (shivers). Suggestions about a real gun belt ad a holster that will actually keep the gun in it when you fall down were taken very well. It really made carrying much more pleasant.

Then there was the "Get some training" crowd. And I did. I found some up here and took some classes. Then there were some offered by Coach and I took them too. It's been a while but I know I need to get back into that.

But the biggest thing about INGO that I have enjoyed over the last decade is the people. I've made life long friends here. We've met, shot together, eaten together, and just hung out. I've been in their houses and they in mine. I've even had one stalk me in Holland, MI while I was delivering. :). Other members I haven't met yet but feel like I've known them forever, just from the words on this screen.

Then at some point, they asked me to help out here as a staff member. I'd do about anything to help keep this place like it is so I agreed.

I seriously take pride in INGO. You all, (well most of you anyway) are like family to me.

So here's to the next 10 years. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks to all for making INGO what it is. The past leadership and members and the current ones too.

I love ya INGO!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    8-21-2012. The day I signed up for INGO. I made my first post the next day. I was commenting on a KelTec PF-9. Go figure.

One thing INGO has shown me is how much I DIDN'T know about the lifestyle that is guns. The information I gleaned was a huge eyeopener. Seriously. The members of INGO thought me so much I didn't know about carrying. Specifically about the law. Yeah, I unknowingly carried in places I shouldn't have. But INGO just didn't give me answers, it made me actually care about carrying and go do the research on my own.

Another benefit has been the education about gear. When I joined, I had a $15 Walmart belt and a $7 Uncle Mike's IWB "holster" for my PF-9. Yeah. (shivers). Suggestions about a real gun belt ad a holster that will actually keep the gun in it when you fall down were taken very well. It really made carrying much more pleasant.

Then there was the "Get some training" crowd. And I did. I found some up here and took some classes. Then there were some offered by Coach and I took them too. It's been a while but I know I need to get back into that.

But the biggest thing about INGO that I have enjoyed over the last decade is the people. I've made life long friends here. We've met, shot together, eaten together, and just hung out. I've been in their houses and they in mine. I've even had one stalk me in Holland, MI while I was delivering. :). Other members I haven't met yet but feel like I've known them forever, just from the words on this screen.

Then at some point, they asked me to help out here as a staff member. I'd do about anything to help keep this place like it is so I agreed.

I seriously take pride in INGO. You all, (well most of you anyway) are like family to me.

So here's to the next 10 years. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks to all for making INGO what it is. The past leadership and members and the current ones too.

I love ya INGO!
    1661091612589.png

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    BT…the first decade is the hardest. So should be smooth sailing for you from here on out. Met you one time at the meet up for pizza on Grape(?) Rd. Seems like that had to be almost 10 years ago so you must have been pretty much a wet-behind-the-ears newbie at that time.:cool:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll neither confirm or deny that I may/may not have had one (or two) UM holsters in the past.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    We're happy that you're one of the committed INGO members ..... and have your hand on the tiller, BT !
    I look forward to the next time that you, and little Tanker, shoot with our merry band of CZickos.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'll neither confirm or deny that I may/may not have had one (or two) UM holsters in the past.

I still have mine! They are hanging on my "A lesson learned (you dumb a$$)" wall.
    The wall needs to be made larger since it is still growing (and I am rapidly approaching 70)!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I still have mine! They are hanging on my "A lesson learned (you dumb a$$)" wall.
    The wall needs to be made larger since it is still growing (and I am rapidly approaching 70)!
    I would venture to guess that a majority of us went thru our noob holster phase until we got educated.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I also look back with some disbelief at some of the gun and gear choices I've made over the years since joining here. The journey to where I am now has been fun for the most part, as long as I don't try to calculate the total amount of money I've sunk invested into the hobby. But the decision making and lessons learned have carried over into other parts of my life too.

I also never expected to actually meet so many members here in the real world. When I signed up I expected it to be pretty much online only, but a huge part of my interactions have been off-line, through training, meet-ups, classified deals, meals, cook-outs, cigars, etc. It's been a fun ride.

I think it might be neat to have a thread all about first carry set-ups and some of the lessons learned. There's probably something like that out there already, but if not I'll start one.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    This conversation sounds like it's taking place at The Knights of the Round Table Retirement Home.

Seriously though, congrats to BT, DD, KG1, Kelly, HS and all the rest of you lifers here. It isn't just the time put in, I'ts your contribution and input that show grit.

When I look at my belt, holsters, ammo, some firearms and old Ingo t-shirt that barely covers my gut, so much of that stuff has came from recommendations from the membership here.

So here's to the membership here that walked to school, uphill, both ways.
    You guys and gals make this place worth coming back just to see what ya gotta say.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    no-noobs-video-game-print-poster_u-L-F59MHI0.jpg

Top Bottom