• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I have shot a PF9 and my advice is to stay away! They are complete junk, jamming machine. If I cant trust a gun with my life, its not worth to carry. I would recommend looking up the track record with the PF9 online if your curious, the reviews dont lie.....they are crap. Some swear by them, thats there thing. Nice for carry, small and compact. Trigger is really bad. Hope you find the perfect gun. Blackout

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have shot a PF9 and my advice is to stay away! They are complete junk, jamming machine. If I cant trust a gun with my life, its not worth to carry. I would recommend looking up the track record with the PF9 online if your curious, the reviews dont lie.....they are crap. Some swear by them, thats there thing. Nice for carry, small and compact. Trigger is really bad. Hope you find the perfect gun. Blackout

Harsh and wrong all in the same post. Your Glock 23 is labeled all over the internet as a Kaboom waiting to happen yet you still bought one? Can't believe everything you read on the interwebz...

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    If it's anything like my brother in law's old P-11, then keep it away from me. The trigger was long and heavy, and painful to pull with any real control. The sights looked like they were pulled off a toy, too.

(this observation is completely my own, not what I read on the internet.)

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Just Go By What I See

I don't know about that. The ruger has some nice features that the PF9 doesn't have, but would you bet your life on a semi auto Ruger with all the recals they've been having? I wouldn't, and I'm a big fan of a lot of Ruger products. I love the 10-22, the mark series pistols, and their revolvers, but when it comes to a semi auto pistol I have heard of too many recals and not enough good reviews. Do whatever you want, but I'm not betting my life on a Ruger.

Yep, Ruger has had some recalls, but that is not what I have seen.
    Where I shoot, two of us have Rugers, an LCP and PX4. Both have many
    rounds down the tube, with absolutely no issues.
    My P-32 has been back to Kel-Tec twice in less than 150 rounds. Two of
    us with P-11's, same story.
    Kel -Tec has great customer service, more than willing to get it right, no
    matter how many times it takes. Only trouble with Kel-Tec guns, is the nice folks at Kel-Tec use Kel-Tec parts, to fix Kel-Tec guns.
    Got to admit however, for the price and if you are good at fixing guns yourself,they are not a bad buy for the price.
    From what I have seen personally, I would still stick with any Ruger, over any Kel-Tec.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I bought a PF-9 back when CDNN had the "billfold" brown ones for $199. I carry it with the clip or in an old Don Hume belt slide. No problems with over 500 rounds through the gun. Decent accuracy and the trigger doesn't bother me. I only shoot standard pressure 9mm through mine though (Remington 124 gr Golden Saber).

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have owened and carried the dark earth pf9 for two years. Have had no problems at all with it. I put 200 to 300 rounds a few times a year through it. Trigger is decent. Very slim. Excellent value. Try and find one to shoot before you buy it.

Ryano23_98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    peru / kokomo
    i have a LC9 and 2 PF9's a PPS i have carry the PF9 the most and never has let me down i do my own fitting and keep it lubed with Gibbs , had a P11 traded it to a friend now he wants a PF9 LOL

logain

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Fishers
    I have one with the belt clip and it's very easy to carry and forget you have it. However, the trigger is not very good in my opinion. Plus it's not an easy gun to shoot a lot of rounds through at one time. I got mine at the gun show for $250.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a PF9, have shot 200 rounds thru it and functioned 100%. However I also own a Kahr PM40. It is a much higher quality gun, better made, and will probably last much longer. But it also cost almost 3 times as much. You pretty much get what you pay for.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I love my PF9, excellent accuracy for such a small gun, trigger doesn't bother me at all, has eaten every one of the 2,000+ rounds I have put through it without a single problem. At $230 it is a great value for what you are getting, sure there are other guns of the same catergory, but it will cost you a bit more. The PF9 is the slimmest and lightest 9mm in it's catergory so carrying it is very easy and comfortable. The finish on mine did wear of quickly as stated by other posts, but put a duracoat job on it and it has looked great ever sense. All I can say is if you are thinking of getting one, do it. For the money it is an very reliable, accurate, affordable, and convenient little 9mm carry gun.

Top Bottom