• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have similar feelings about INGO.
    It is not just firearms I learned about. My garden is much better off because of things I learned here. I have been to a few events and even set one up(the learn how to pressure can food one I and my wife set up because we wanted to learn),and meet loads of great people.

When I left the state for years I also missed the real life interactions with INGO members.

It is a great group of people, who largely think for themselves. The knowledge shared is also related to experience. When something goes wrong you see self reflection often on INGO. To me a group of people that can share mistakes as well as what they learned is valuable,and INGO does that very well as a whole. It is rare to find a group of people like that. Admitting you made a mistake or simply did not understand something so you can move forward in your knowledge is probably my favorite part of INGO.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Wow, I joined jan 2012. I'm surprised you guys haven't shootered me for good in that time.

I too have learned a lot.

I remember a guy posted a pic of a beautiful ar-15 black and brilliant green.

I made a comment about his awesome "assault rifle" I received a swift and sometimes harsh education about the words I choose to use. Lol

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I learned that when you're working up a hand load using a Hornady 240 xtp over a charge of Lil' Gun, crimp matters...and once figured out and proven over a chrony to be consistent it's a damn good cartridge for deer hunting in Indiana.

I also learned if you tie your shoes in a double knot they are less likely to come untied.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    8-21-2012. The day I signed up for INGO. I made my first post the next day. I was commenting on a KelTec PF-9. Go figure.

One thing INGO has shown me is how much I DIDN'T know about the lifestyle that is guns. The information I gleaned was a huge eyeopener. Seriously. The members of INGO thought me so much I didn't know about carrying. Specifically about the law. Yeah, I unknowingly carried in places I shouldn't have. But INGO just didn't give me answers, it made me actually care about carrying and go do the research on my own.

Another benefit has been the education about gear. When I joined, I had a $15 Walmart belt and a $7 Uncle Mike's IWB "holster" for my PF-9. Yeah. (shivers). Suggestions about a real gun belt ad a holster that will actually keep the gun in it when you fall down were taken very well. It really made carrying much more pleasant.

Then there was the "Get some training" crowd. And I did. I found some up here and took some classes. Then there were some offered by Coach and I took them too. It's been a while but I know I need to get back into that.

But the biggest thing about INGO that I have enjoyed over the last decade is the people. I've made life long friends here. We've met, shot together, eaten together, and just hung out. I've been in their houses and they in mine. I've even had one stalk me in Holland, MI while I was delivering. :). Other members I haven't met yet but feel like I've known them forever, just from the words on this screen.

Then at some point, they asked me to help out here as a staff member. I'd do about anything to help keep this place like it is so I agreed.

I seriously take pride in INGO. You all, (well most of you anyway) are like family to me.

So here's to the next 10 years. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks to all for making INGO what it is. The past leadership and members and the current ones too.

I love ya INGO!
    I believe it was back in the early to mid 90's I bought an Uncle Mike holster. It was the last one I bought. I went to Bianchi for many years afterwards because I had one for the M9 and it was tough as can be.
    1661151755898.png
    They made me pay for my holster lol.
    I put it up with the rest of my old gear, and a uniform and dress greens that I'll never fit into again lol.

I got me a 92FS several years later. My 1st handgun was the Taurus Model 44, then a Russian Makarov, then I finally got a high polished 92FS and dug that holster out of storage with the double magazine pouch it came with.

I never thought I'd say this but I actually miss the 80's and 90's.

I lurked on the forum for several years, then had problem which I can't remember what it was, and joined to ask. I remember you all had it diagnosed and I had it fixed with the posts within a day or two.

Great bunch if people here. I may not agree with everyone on everything but I do find myself in agreement with others sometimes. I've learned, and opened my mind to new and interesting ideas and possibilities.
    I really like INGO.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wasn't stalking you. I was waiting for you to finish up your paperwork. Geez you're slow. Must get paid by the hour. Next time, I'll just come up and lick your window. I heard thats the INGO super secret squirrel Mod greeting.

Congrats on the milestone. Keep it up and you may eventually get into the classifieds.
    AGF-l79f0PYcdSbPEq-ztN9ztWmFp0r8-WgwrKQ15Q=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    BT…the first decade is the hardest. So should be smooth sailing for you from here on out. Met you one time at the meet up for pizza on Grape(?) Rd. Seems like that had to be almost 10 years ago so you must have been pretty much a wet-behind-the-ears newbie at that time.:cool:
    That has been ages ago. We need to plan another one

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Congrats BT! It's been a fun ride for me also. I joined shortly before you. I have been a member of other forums and this one has been the longest running for me.

I have learned, shared and made new friends on here. Hopefully it will continue for a long time.

Keep up the good work! I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You can tell a lot about a person after spending some time interacting with them. Even if it's on a forum.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    There used to be a ton of gear reviews popping up every month and it really got pricey for a while.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    There used to be a ton of gear reviews popping up every month and it really got pricey for a while.
    Do you remember way back when you could read every post made on the site before a new post happened? I remember it. I think I even made a thread and said stop posting, I am not done reading the other ones yet. I think membership was around 5k then.
    Damn I am getting old rofl.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Do you remember way back when you could read every post made on the site before a new post happened? I remember it. I think I even made a thread and said stop posting, I am not done reading the other ones yet. I think membership was around 5k then.
    Damn I am getting old rofl.
    lol, I can remember when someone in 08 or 09 that came to the OSUT and scolded us because we had driven his thread down from the top section of the new posts.

Top Bottom