• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ltemfly4

Plinker
    Apr 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hello all, just wanted to throw in my experience to my first time entering this store.
    I was greeted with a look, and a seemingly condescending "can I help you". I know it doesn't seem bad, but this guys tone just oozed 'why are you here?' So I overlooked this and kept my smile on my face. I came in not really knowing what I wanted, but wanted to buy a gun. I had alot of cash on me. So to engage and ask him a question, I said " you guys probably don't have any Glock 42's in stock do you?" I was met again with a very unfriendly and sarcastic " no, couldn't keep them in stock even if we did" I was starting to feel a little more and more unwelcome. So trying to break the tension I said ' you guys have any specials going on right now?" To this he said "specials?" Like I asked in some foreign language. I said "yea, like deals or police trade-in's" he says. "No, and we're firm on our prices!" Keep in mind I've been in customer service my entire life, and can smile in the worst of situations. I have never felt so unwanted and uncomfortable in a place of business. I said to him "oh, ok." So I looked around for about 2 minutes, and left.
    I just wanted to give my experience to anyone that is thinking of going here. Be aware that it's a fairly small store, and if it makes you uncomfortable to not feel welcome in a small place, you might want to think twice about this place.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've had the same treatment Every time I've went there. I've not paid it much attention as I figured they're just worried about getting robbed in that neighborhood or something. I've been there 4 times. They didn't have what I wanted 3 of the 4. I won't e back. My wife went with me the last time and felt the same way I did so I know it wasn't just me. I've found another shop that EARNS my business.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've never had a pleasant experience either. Always seem disappointed a potentially customer is annoying them.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They have some moody-pants clercks working there. I used to use the range and browse. I bought a gun from them before they moved. Now forgetaboutit.

Amazed theyre still open.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    On my one trip there I had a very similar experience.

With so many exceptional gun shops in the central Indiana area, I don't have a reason to go back there.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This is a story that keeps getting told here on INGO. Seems the owner cares more about who he keeps employed there than staying in business. Too bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Too bad they don't care to explain all of these isolated experiences, eh?

I just stated I had a similar experience. I was asked by PM what that was by a concerned member who has some associations with that business. I took some time and explained it to him.

Nuff said.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Been there twice. Didn't get any bad experience. Well, first time they were so crowed but they still asked if I needed help. I was just browsing then. 2nd time not so crowed, used their range. The guy that helps us was pretty nice.. but that was sometime last year. I dont know.

Ltemfly4

Plinker
    Apr 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sad to see so many bad experiences with this outfit. It's a shame too, cause the south side needs a friendly and well stocked gun shop! Think I might have to start investing in a store that cares more about the customers satisfaction and a friendly atmosphere! I might just get a kick out of building a happy client base!!!! I am In the market for a .22 pistol after I bought my 1911 a week ago. Unfortunately I won't be getting it here. Neither will any other of my "gun nut buddies"

piercedjp

Plinker
    Apr 28, 2008
    I've always had good experiences at this store, but I did notice during my most recent visit that the prices seem to be getting a little more on the high side than they used to be. I saw more than a couple guns that were marked well above MSRP.

dmonsche

Plinker
    Jun 23, 2013
    My experiences have been hit or miss. The first few times I was there i felt the same way. I stopped going and only recently started going back. The last time I went i was happy with my experience.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Jun 16, 2012
    Is it as bad as Pops Guns? I coughed for at least 30 minutes the last time I ever shot there. I thought I was going to die or get in a wreck from coughing so much. I've never even held a gun at that place. I went there to shoot bc someone got me a Groupon deal for my bday a couple years ago. The hangers for your targets were shot to death. MacGyver I think rigged up the range. I never had an issue with any attitudes but I never thought about even looking at a gun or buying one at the place. Pops Guns is the only place I've ever been dry fired on or had to look at an open lane for 40 minutes. That place sucks. I will keep my business at Bradis or a local shop where I live. Trading Post should change their signs if they are treating you guys like that. I've seen some customers that are ridiculous but in any job you are going to have your high maintenance ones. Just remember to treat others how you would like to be treated. Dang that's hard sometimes.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012
    Amazed theyre still open.

I'm not, they are usually pretty crowded. They must be doing something right. I've never had an issue, they've got .45 ammo at prices comparable to bulk ammo online, and of the three guns I've bought there the prices have always been fair. Plus they trust their clientele to carry inside the store. That's more respectful than many LGS.

Top Bottom