• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I feel bad for you because you are starting to care for her and she will inevitably dump you. Her sister will likely put pressure on her to break up with on the basis of family loyalty. Her parents will also exert pressure. My advice to you is to take full advantage of this situation while you can. I will not make fun of you. I commend you for being able to hook up with two sisters. This is a feat not often achieved by men. You deserve a medal. Even at the end of the day, when you get dumped, you are the winner.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    My brother and I have a rule that we don't park our boats in the same harbor. Ever.

You pick your friends, but you don't pick your family. I don't always like my family but where I come from the strongest allegiance is to family. We don't date the same women because it would be unwise to potentially let a woman have a negative affect on our relationship. When SHTF I can count on the men in my family, period. Absolutely no doubt about it. I wouldn't possibly let a romantic relationship get in the way of that.

I won't chastise you on this because you have already read how I feel about it. I would say the sister made the bigger mistake, because now she is jeopardizing a family relationship. I agree with the above poster who said that the ex not knowing is the most telling sign of how this will end up.

God forbid me or my brother were dumb enough to try to date a woman the other had already dated, I am sure the discussion would start between us, not between us and the woman. I fear there is no way to change the appearance that you've been "hiding" this. Call it what you will, but I find it unlikely that you've been dating this woman for a month "normally" (not hiding it) and never bumped into the family or come up in conversation.

It is your business and I wish you the best, but I'd advise you to find someone else. If she would possibly betray her own sister, what would she do to you?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    We as humans have an uncanny way of dreaming up all kinds of nasty little scenerios that very likely will never happen.

Just tell her already. :coffee:

I agree. At best it is out in the open and everyone acts like adults, at worst one less Christmas present to buy!!. :thumbsup:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Wow. You guys will have to excuse me. I'm going to go kiss my wife of 32 years, and let her wonder what's got into me now.

If I were you, I'd go, and chalk it up to experience. There's nothing thicker than blood, so unless you and her disassociate from her family forever, there's going to be trouble, it's just a question of when. And how bad it will be. The nightly news is full of this, unfortunately.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As a guy who's been there, at a young age, I can relate to not caring about the drama down the road. As a guy who's been there, at middle age, I can assure you, you need to think about the drama down the road.

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte
    I just checked all 5 pages for a picture, but I didn't see one. I can not give you any advice unless I know what the old and new sister look like.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I was in the almost same situation. I dated the first one for 2 years and the second for a few months. Had fun with both and am still friends with both. If the parties involved are mature about, then it can be fine. Hiding it makes it worse, so get the truth out there and enjoy your budding romance. Remember that if you dont hit it now, you wont get another chance. Consider yourself lucky and have some fun.

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    See Rachel I dont disagree with you but the older sister has done some pretty terrible things to me back in the day so I really dont feel all that bad for maybe making her mad. Its not like I approached the younger one in any sort of way either. I have always been close with their mother and one night me and their mom went out for some drinks and she had brought the younger sister and we ended up having drinks and I think she may have initiated the kiss and whatnot. The only thing that would hrut me is if them two got into some big scuffle over it, then I would feel terrible. But Rachel what do you suggest I do we have been seeing each other for a few months and its going pretty good honestly and I dont ever even think about her sister so theres no problem there its just us two together.

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Josh I appreciate your words and have some thinking to do for sure.

Spartan: I see what you are saying but her whole family loves me. Mom and dad love me there oldest sister (and her gf) love me and even the brother is real cool with me. So its just the one sister who maaayyyyy have a problem with this.

Jenny: I hope you are the right one and none of the stuff forecasted will play out so bad!

Hardtrailz:: Best case scenario would be similar to your situation. See I kinda wish that my girl wouldve talked to her sister about it from the very beginning but she was deathly afraid to and is still but is now getting close to the realization that shes gonna have to do it. I mean the older sister still is real cool with me and them two are real close and i am real close with both of them we all got history so im hoping that its fairly calm, rash, and reasonable and not her cutting my testicles off.

I appreciate everyones input really! I got some soul searchin or some **** to do now I guess. Ill keep ya posted if there is any emergency testicle reinstallation procedure.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    You aren't essing where you eat. Unless the first relationship ended horribly, and I mean like, effing bad then I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom