• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    dad got a nice looking 6 pointer and doe on a cam we had setup yesterday morning. Seemed to be cruising around 5am.

He called today and said he went to another property we hunt around 2. Got the camos on went walking an old logging trail looking for tracks and came upon a large doe. She spotted him and took off. He was able to get further in and sat down against a tree. Said another large doe walked into about 40 yards. Said he got his muzzle uo and safety off. getting ready to put the sights on her and she trotted off.

We hadn't been seeing anything on our few hunting spots so this is good news...hope its not to late and he gets one.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Didn't see anything last Sat. Sunday evening saw a 4 pt within 20 yards of my stand. Let it go.
    When I was leaving ,down the road 1/2 mile saw 8 deer working a waterway. 1 big rack but too dark to get a good count on it.
    This evening( friday) nothing except 1 doe in the waterway on my drive out.
    Going over to Warren County in the early AM for a hunt there . Thats where I killed my 7 point last year during muzzleloading.

Hope I repeat! :rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Jumped a very young doe on my way in tonight. Questionable shot, about sixty yards in thick brush quartering away.... I passed on it. May regret it later, but I'd rather have a good, clean ethical shot.

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    i usually shoot 3 or 4 deer a year. could shoot more, but don't take more than i will eat in a year. I havent seen hardly any this year. got lucky on opening day of shotgun and got a 9 pt. What i have seen is 3 or 4 times the coyotes i normally see. usually see 1 or 2 a season. went this last sat morning and saw 5 in one sitting. ive shot 3 yotes in the last two weeks without trying. It almost seems they are taking over. I know what i will be doing in january and february.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I plan on making it out Sunday, I just need to get up to Mississinewa to do find a spot beforehand if possible. May get out Sat morning as well, but have a family dinner at 1pm so won't be able to do afternoon.

RainRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Tough hunting this time of year , especially if you have been holding out for a decent buck. I have seen a few buck but no shooters. Had a decent 8 under the stand this evening but let it walk. Still have a few more days.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    Im going to be in the woods as much as I can until the very last minute on the 3rd!! Ive been seeing this Very Nice Buck where I hunt on Private Land. He is Very Smart though (arent they all!?!?? lol) I've bumped him up once out of his bedding area and saw him a couple days ago, but never got a good clear shot. Im not all for Hail Mary Shots. Theres no reason (no matter how big the deer is) to take a hail mary shot!! Yaaa.... lets just injure the deer!!

Good Luck To All That Is Still Fighting The Cold Weather Out In The Woods!!

Top Bottom