• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    today was the first saturday i had to work in a long time but i didn't bother me considering how cold it was and everyone i talked to said they didn't see anything. there is still alot of standing corn around here anyone else having that problem

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    son had a ball game and I didnt get done sighting in my ML at Atterbury until 3:30.

Poked around Atterbury a little bit, but didn't see anything.

I'll probably hit Yellowwood tomorrow.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Decided to sleep in this morning, I've hit the woods every weekend since opening bow. Hit the woods today at 1pm and jumped 4 does off to my right in the front of the woods while walking through the corn field to hit the back. Pretty well ruined my day. I hunt a small woods that is really used as a pass through. I have only seen deer after 10am and mostly evening. They do bed down in the front fork but they use the center from the highway to the fork heavily. Probably wont even go out tomorrow. I have my ML tag and bonus to fill but if its to dang cold i doubt i'll fill them.

Good luck
    Nathan

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    I haven't seen even 1/4 the number of deer that I usually see by this point in the season, but I'm not giving up yet. I'll be in a tree around 5:00 a.m. and ready Sunday morning. It's been a long time since I failed to kill a deer in any given season. There are still a few weeks left. It's not too cold to sit in a tree.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I bought a brand new TC Omega muzzleloader and Nikon Omega scope back in October just in case I didn't have a good buck on the ground by the close of firearms season. Since I scored early on one, I'm staying in my warm bed and skipping muzzleloader and late archery seasons.

Good luck to those who are still hunting. You're definitely a tougher bunch than I. :)

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    my wife killed a decent 9pt sat. morning while it was chasin a doe...
    she saw 4 does after she shot him and i was just over the hill i seen a 6pt..so over all a great morning here..

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    was trying a spot I scouted out at Atterbury now that the shotgunners are gone. Didn't see any today but hooked up with another hunter and he told me I was in a decent spot.

Then he gave me a couple of other places to check out, turns out he grew up in the area and always fills his freezer.

I love meeting good people :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I saw 14 last night and a nice 6pt this morning. They were showing encouraging signs of a second rut, I even watched two separate sets of buck lock up and afterwards stiring the does around. None were really shooters or too far for as dark as it was getting. Yotes are a problem on the farm I was hunting so an over night lay and chill was out. 6pt was a good size this AM about 30yrds out but we are trying to show conservation on this particular property so I let him walk. All the does must have slept in.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I saw 14 last night and a nice 6pt this morning. They were showing encouraging signs of a second rut, I even watched two separate sets of buck lock up and afterwards stiring the does around. None were really shooters or too far for as dark as it was getting. Yotes are a problem on the farm I was hunting so an over night lay and chill was out. 6pt was a good size this AM about 30yrds out but we are trying to show conservation on this particular property so I let him walk. All the does must have slept in.

we appriciate the conservation effort.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Sunday

I got out Sunday evening for a while. Sat in the stand for a while, not much moving, moved to another part of the farm to sit along a fence row next to some corn that only had a couple of passes around the perimeter taken off. Got to the fence row just in time to watch a doe at about 35 yards come out of the standing corn, and move to the next field. I have yet to see any "shooter bucks" this season.

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Hunted all weekend. Saw several does but I think that the full moon has the deer eating and being active all night and sleeping in. Been seeing more activity in the afternoon when temps rise. Looking forward to this weekend with all the corn now down.

RainRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Muzzleloader season can be pretty tough , hang around food sources late in the evening and near bedding areas early in the morning. May see a decent buck at mid day. Even all the does are more skittish after being run all over the woods regular fire arm season.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I plan to get out this weekend after skipping the opener. Decided to hold off the first week to give the deer a chance to breathe and hopefully be a bit less skittish after being hunted hard during shotgun. Be interested to see how much of the corn on the other side of the creek is gone. On the last day of shotgun they had harvested maybe one or two rows.

Top Bottom