• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Looking to the INGO experts for advice on muzzle devices. I have only ever shot with a standard A2 flash hider and am looking to upgrade. I have read and watched quite a few reviews. I have narrowed the choice down to a few, possibly the Strike Industries J-Comp or the AAC Blackout. I don't feel the recoil, unlike some, after 1000's of rounds so compensation isn't much of a factor. I understand that most compensators make the weapon louder with more concussion, would love to avoid that for when I teach new shooters. I would like a combo type device instead of one built for a specific function. Cost isn't much of a factor but spending $150 for a device when one can be bought for $50 that performs the same is where I am at currently.

The J-Comp seems, from reviews, to be one of the best all around multi-purpose device. The Blackout was one of the best at flash suppression and the dialing back of the sound/concussion that comes with it. What at say the experts?

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I have the j comp and really like it. I've found myself favoring brakes more so I've considered getting a single chamber brake to reduce length but haven't had a big enough desire to do so.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I know this isn't on your list but the Troy Industries Claymore is outstanding for forcing all the concussion and sound out the front and away from the shooter. Cheap, too.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I picked up a BCM gunfighter mod 0 from an INGOer for cheap. It's pretty good IMO compared to the A2. I believe there was the "longer" version in the classifieds for a reasonable price too.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I would recommend the Blackout muzzle device because it would allow the mounting of a suppressor/silencer in the future. I have a 51 tooth on my 300 bulk SBR and it does a great job at eliminating flash. With that said, if you want to annoy your friends at the range then I would suggest the Surefire muzzle brake.;)

masterdekoy

Expert
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Blackout will ping, so if that annoys you it's something to be aware of.

Ive been impressed with the PWS fsc. It does a good job at reducing recoil and doesn't have the huge fireball associated with a lot of comps.

Top Bottom