• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    The gf and I will be going to Indianapolis in a few weeks for some holiday family fun time. We thought we'd visit a few gun shops and maybe visit the range at Eagle Creek while we're down there. Where are the best places to shop in Indy? Also, suggestions along I-69 would be nice too. Thanks!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Where are the best places to shop in Indy?

"Best" in what regard? Selection? Price? Friendly/knowledgeable staff? Location relative to your destination? Are you looking for anything specific? IME, every shop in town has its own unique niche in addition to selling more generalized products.

Basically, everybody is going to chime in with their favorite local shop, and in the end, every shop in the greater Indianapolis area will get a mention. Except probably Don's. :n00b: So your best bet is to hit all the ones you can reasonably get to...

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Since you didn't specify I'll throw some out there .

Blues bar , The Slippery Noodle , downtown

Interior outfitters , Copper Creek Canyon , Clearwater Shoppes , 82 st.

Gun store , PSS on Shady Lane off US 40 , Plainfield

Breast Lounge , Dancer's on W. Washington

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Since you didn't specify

He did specify... at least the way I read it. Plus the fact that it's posted in General Firearms. :dunno:

The gf and I will be going to Indianapolis in a few weeks for some holiday family fun time. We thought we'd visit a few gun shops and maybe visit the range at Eagle Creek while we're down there. Where are the best places to shop in Indy? Also, suggestions along I-69 would be nice too. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Basically, everybody is going to chime in with their favorite local shop, and in the end, every shop in the greater Indianapolis area will get a mention. Except probably Don's. :n00b: So your best bet is to hit all the ones you can reasonably get to...

Oh - come on. Don's Guns absolutely needs to be seen to be understood!

That being said, visit PSS and Bradis.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Oh - come on. Don's Guns absolutely needs to be seen to be understood!

That being said, visit PSS and Bradis.

I am going to have to agree here. You really need to stop at Don's to fully understand the horror stories. Plus the prices on their items will make you chuckle for the rest of the day. The area isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I am going to have to agree here. You really need to stop at Don's to fully understand the horror stories. Plus the prices on their items will make you chuckle for the rest of the day. The area isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be.
    I agree. I stopped in to look at the bare Barrett 82A they had and literally laughed outloud when I saw a price of $20,000!

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Breast Lounge , Dancer's on W. Washington

I will not frequent such a place, nor am I amused that you suggested such a thing. Shame on you. Now, if you could please PM me the address so I can, uh, be sure to stay away from there. Yeah, that's it.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    if you're going to be coming down 69, stop in at KS&E. It's just a short jog north on Pendleton Pike, off 465. They are the only CZ dealer in Indy. Their prices on everything else have always been decent. (i.e. - last I was in there, their new glocks were $489)

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    KS&E has a smaller selection them some, but there prices are some of the best. Last time I was in they had a P3AT 380 for 219.00 As long as you're coming down the east side you should stop in to Beech Grove Firearms. I challenge you to find a more friendly bunch of folks. Also there prices are very competitive with the likes of Bradis, and Plainfield Shooting Supply. Selection is reasonable. Bradis probably has the largest selection there is and they are friendly to. (Although sometimes they are too busy to give great customer service.)
    And yes I have to chime in and say if you have the time to kill a visit to Don's just for fun might be interesting. I think everyone should see the place at least once. Good luck to you on your travels.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I just googled Elmore's and got a warning message. The details that I received were as follows:

"Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-12-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-12-06."

I think I'll stay away from the site just to be safe...

Top Bottom